* AwesomeArt: Probably the only real high point of the movie is the animation, which is ''really'' good in some parts
* DudeNotFunny: Rover and friends treat Rocky being dragged away at the end like a joke, even though the guys dragging him away are pretty obviously with the mob - meaning Rocky's about to get killed. Though admittedly, [[AssholeVictim he kind of deserves it]].
* EarWorm: "I'll never do it on a Christmas Tree, a Christmas Tree, a Christmas Tree..."
* RetroactiveRecognition: Though generally considered a mediocre movie, many parents have found it a useful way to get their kids into RodneyDangerfield.
* UncannyValley: Rover's eyes seem to constantly stare into space, [[TruthInTelevision just like the real Rodney Dangerfield.]] Thing is, instead of looking funny it looks... ''off''. Also, Rocky was drawn with a sort of "hard edged" look, giving him a drastically different look from the other characters, and making him look like a ghoul.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsForKids: As you can see under "ExecutiveMeddling", this movie was originally intended for adults. Suddenly the scantly clad showgirls, the mob hitmen, the turkey's death and perhaps the Christmas tree song make a bit more sense.