* AwesomeMusic: When you're outcasts from society sitting around in a castle, music and theater is pretty much the only entertainment you've got. This was shown prominently in the movie, with musicians being cast instead of actors for many roles. [[http://youtu.be/WbioT0qXZIQ Songs can be found here.]]
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: They may be tough, BadAss robbers, but ''man,'' can they sing.
* [[GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff Germans Love Ronia]]: Not only did the movie win the 1985 Berlin International Film Festival's Silver Bear, but both the musical and stage adaptation has been written by Germans.
* NightmareFuel: The harpies, especially in the movie.
** TheFairFolk almost kidnapping Ronia. In the movie, they start making eerie sounds as the mist drags in, whispering "come", and Ronia starts walking in a trance, mumbling "I'm coming..." all the while.
* TearJerker: Mattis' InelegantBlubbering following [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VdyWpkHljk Skalle-Per's death]]. Even more so when every Swedish TV channel used the clip to illustrate the entire country's reaction to Creator/AstridLindgren's death.
** "''I have my child''!"