* BaseBreakingCharacter: Yashio Kaitou himself. He's either an underwhelming protagonist who lacks enough any motivation other than playing Kill-Ballad, or a loyal friend does what he can for the Robotics Club.
* BrokenBase: Both the VN and the anime seem to get this, the anime more so. Is it a decent installment/series that just couldn't match SteinsGate, the most underwhelming of the SciAdv series, or just an average title?
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The first opening of the anime, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiSNYiH-lVM Junjou Spectra]].
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZCyrjdqUk The opening of the visual novel]] is also very, VERY awesome.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Frau has a rather large fanbase.
* HilariousInHindsight: Episode 11, which is focused heavily around the Earth being destroyed by a solar storm, aired on [[EndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt December 21, 2012]].
* LesYay: Frau Kojirou calls Junna Daitoku a "seductive bitch" for smelling of a nice perfume, although it could also be a case of StupidSexyFlanders (She tells her to [[LeetLingo GTFO]]). She also does something like that during a photo session with Junna.
** Or Airi, she's smitten by her, when she sees her in 3D.
* [[spoiler:StrangledByTheRedString: In the anime, between Akiho and Kaito. Their ''friendship'' was given plenty of focus throughout the series, so by the end of the series it's clear enough that they're good friends with a strong bond. However, almost none of their interaction was ''romantic'' in nature, or even hinted at being romantic. Their explicitly romantic development consisted of a few scenes where Akiho [[ClingyJealousGirl becomes irate with Kaito for hanging around Frau too much]], [[ShipperOnDeck Mitchie cracking some jokes about a potential relationship between them]], and a small amount of initial hesitance [[ThereIsOnlyOneBed to sleep in the same bed]] when there's only one in the hotel room Mitchie got them. Even then, Akiho's the one who reacts the strongest, resulting in the perception that the crush is onesided. Thus, the RelationshipUpgrade winds up coming out of left field. A romantic relationship between them was never completely out of the cards and is far from [[CrackPairing nonsensical]], but it certainly skipped quite a few steps down the road of its development.]]
-->'''Akiho:''' [[LampshadeHanging That was too sudden, Kai!]]\\
'''Kaito:''' Really? [[GoneHorriblyRight I actually thought I did a good job of keeping it to myself all this time.]]
* TheScrappy: It only took Episode 9 for people to start disliking adult Misaki, seeing how callous she is towards Aki.
* TearJerker: Doc and Jun's reconciliation in Episode 12.
** Airi [[spoiler:getting deleted]] in Episode 15.
** Kai's ultimately futile attempt [[spoiler:to save Mizuka]] in episode 16.
* ToughActToFollow: While not the only legitimate criticism, being billed as "the sequel to SteinsGate" definitely put some high expectations on the series
* UncannyValley: Tetsuharu's robots, or at least one of them, after it falls on top of Junna when she was younger. It asks to be her friend, but due to being pinned underneath the robot at the time, it's usual friendly statement sounds incredibly creepy and causes her fear of robots.