* BaseBreaker: Over the All-American Kevin Costner not even trying to do a British accent for the title role.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: MichaelKamen's opening theme.
** Not to mention that the film's production company, Morgan Creek, went on to use this as their logo fanfare for subsequent films.
** Music/BryanAdams' '(Everything I Do) I Do It For You' is one awesome power ballad.
* DracoInLeatherPants / EvilIsSexy: The Sheriff of Nottingham gets this treatment, with many female fans finding him more attractive than the hero. It probably helps that Creator/AlanRickman's performance is played to such hammy perfection that he steals pretty much every scene he appears in.
** That and the fact that he's, you know, Creator/AlanRickman.
* HamAndCheese: Rickman's Sheriff is easily the best thing in the movie.
** When he won the 1992 BAFTA award for "Best Supporting Actor" for the role, his acceptance speech was:
-->''Thank you. This will be a helpful reminder to me that subtlety isn't everything!''
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The movie was a complete success in Spain, and it appears on television at least once a year with pretty good rates. It helped that it got a SuperlativeDubbing which eliminated the weirdness of Costner NotEvenBotheringWithTheAccent while keeping Alan Rickman's HamAndCheese intact (although it had a couple of instances of BlindIdiotTranslation).
* NeverLiveItDown: Kevin Costner still gets ribbed on for playing a ''British'' hero without a proper British accent - sometimes affectionately, sometimes not. Never mind the fact that a modern British accent is no more accurate than an American accent.
* NewerThanTheyThink: Rumor has it that the reason this film borrows several elements from ''Series/RobinOfSherwood'' (including the Moorish Merry Man and a dose of Celtic mysticism) is that the writer hadn't done enough research to realize that ''Robin of Sherwood'' had invented those bits, and thought they were standard parts of the legend.
* OneSceneWonder: Creator/SeanConnery as King UsefulNotes/RichardTheLionheart. In an ''uncredited'' role, no less.
** '''Creator/BrianBlessed''' as Lord Locksley.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: Twice, someone goes crashing through an alleged stained-glass window. Both times, it's painfully apparent that the windows are colored paper.
* WeirdAlEffect: Some people are more familiar with the Creator/MelBrooks [[Film/RobinHoodMenInTights spoof]] than this.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: [[http://www.avclub.com/articles/box-of-robin-hood-prince-of-thieves-tiein-breakfas,26456/ Prince of Thieves breakfast cereal]]. A breakfast cereal based on a movie that starts with someone's hand being cut off and keeps going.