* EnsembleDarkhorse: Colleen.
* EvilIsSexy: The Groomer.
* FridgeBrilliance: General Parvo's hatred of the Road Rovers and the reason he's always coughing makes perfect sense when [[spoiler: you see his helmet removed and realize that he has cat ears, making him part cat and that he was coughing up hairballs the whole time.]]
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: The episode with werewolves opens with Princess Diana and Prince Charles finalizing details of their divorce just before werewolves attack them. Following Diana's death, they had to cut all references to this.
* GeniusBonus: General Parvo is named after the parvovirus, which has a contagious canine strain with a high mortality rate.
* HoYay: Some fans like to read this into Blitz and Exile's relationship.
* JerkassWoobie: Some fans see Blitz as this.
* MostWonderfulSound: The unique version of the WB jingle that plays before the show's intro. Instead of a string orchestra, it plays the same notes as a rock guitar riff, which mirrors the style used in the opening proper. Not only is it an awesome redux, but after hearing it, you know the show is seconds away.
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: At the same time other WB cartoons were getting similar treatment.
* TheWoobie: Sport from the episode "The Dog Who Knew Too Much". He was dognapped from his master and forced into being a mole for Parvo. Poor guy could really use a big hug.
** Luka the blind boy from the episode "Gold and Retrievers", who was separated from his seeing eye dog.
** Exile could really, REALLY use a hug in the werewolf episode. He even begs to be locked up because he thinks he's a dangerous werewolf but it turns out [[spoiler: Colleen was the one who was the ACTUAL werewolf]].
** Muzzle in the time-travel episode. Stolen from his owner, subjected to an experimental version of the transdogmafier, driven insane -- and then having to spend most of his time strapped down and muzzled so that he doesn't bite The Master[[spoiler: who happens to be his original owner, Professor Sheperd. Poor Scout]].