* AwesomeArt: His trademark.
* HypeBacklash: Inevitably. Specifically, a number of industry people feel as though he puts far too much emphasis on the animation looking pretty than telling a story (even fans have admitted that [[JustHereForGodzilla they only watch his stuff for the animation]]) and have even criticized his seemingly [[BadBoss harsh work ethics]], saying that his passion comes as much from [[SuperOCD a lack of self-confidence]] as it does a genuine love of the art. In his defense, as much as he's been known to push his animators past the point of their credibility and [[PrimaDonnaDirector take a lot of the credit for himself]], he has ''always'' name-dropped his best staff members and repeatedly invited them back to work for him.
* MagnumOpus: ''WesternAnimation/TheThiefAndTheCobbler'' was meant to be this for him in the traditional sense (i.e., "the piece you create once you've mastered your craft"). Even in it's incomplete form, most agree that what was accomplished still counts. The animation for ''Film/WhoFramedRogerRabbit'', is usually cited as his best ''completed'' work.
* UncannyValley: He is insistent on shooting all of his animation entirely on ones (i.e., on new drawing every frame) in all of his project. While the results are usually really impressive, they can also be a little nauseating after a while.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: Ranges from impossibly fluid hand-drawn character animation in his films to doing every frame as a miniature watercolor or oil pant masterpiece in his commercial work.