* AwesomeArt: His trademark.
* HypeBacklash: While there's no denying the quality of his work, his horrible work ethics have labeled him an insecure [[SuperOCD perfectionist]] with [[PrimaDonnaDirector completely unrealistic expectations]].
* MagnumOpus: ''TheThiefAndTheCobbler'' was meant to be this for him and even though it was never completed, most agree that he came pretty close.
* PrimaDonnaDirector: He has ''never'' kept a project under budget or met a set deadline, not even his commercial work, which typically demands quick turnaround time, all of which owing to his [[ThePerfectionist insane perfectionism]]. In some cases, he was fired from projects by his superiors just so the damn thing could be released!
** He's also gotten plenty of flack for his perceived cocky attitude. While he always gave credit where it was due, he only ever referred to ''TheThiefAndTheCobbler'' as [[ItsAllAboutMe "his masterpiece,"]] failing to realize that it requires far too many people to create an animated feature for all of the credit to go to one person. That'll happen when you're making a decent living as an artist from 16 on.
* SuperOCD: He always insists that everything in his films be absolutely flawless, often to his detriment.
* UncannyValley: He is insistent on shooting all of his animation entirely on ones (i.e., on new drawing every frame) in all of his project. While the results are usually really impressive, they can also be a little nauseating after a while.