* EarWorm: The opening theme has been known to induce random audience head-bobbing.
* HesJustHiding: Before the release of ''Film/ResidentEvilRetribution'', fans speculated that [[spoiler:Wesker survived the [[CarBomb helicopter mini-nuke]] at the ending of the movie. This is supported by some eagle-eyed viewers noticing a parachute opening in the distance when one of the characters revealed himself to have survived. Wesker's survival was later confirmed by a press release for ''Retribution''.]]
* IdiotBall: The world has been all but destroyed with a tiny population of still living humans remaining and ''Umbrella is still pissing about with bio-organic weaponry''.
** [[spoiler: Wesker must ''ingest'' fresh DNA.]]
** The T-Virus being shaped like actual Ts.
** [[ThisIsForEmphasisBitch Star power, bitches!]]
** Claire backing away from the Executioner looks like she's breakdancing.
* TakeThatScrappy: Alice gets brought down to normal, ends up on the receiving end of a CurbStompBattle and has all her clones wiped out. For many, it was considered to be the best thing that the directors did to try and redeem the films. But since Alice still is the only character to actually do anything, and is somehow still capable of doing rather ludicrous stunts even without superpowers, it's ultimately kind of a moot point.
* TheyWastedAPerfectlyGoodPlot: The previous film has it to where Alice stumbles upon an entire storage unit of her clones and pretty much makes an army. [[TrailersAlwaysLie The build up to this movie was pretty much based around the fact there was an army of superpowered women taking on Umbrella]]. In the first five minutes of ''Afterlife'', all of them are killed after the [[SelfDestructMechanism base in Tokyo self destructs]]. A lot of fans looking forward to this were obviously ticked off.