* AcceptableNationalityTargets: "Only one thing worse than a dragon. Americans!"
* CriticalDissonance[=/=]SugarWiki/NoProblemWithLicensedGames: Both the movie (40% on Rotten Tomatoes) and the games were disliked by critics, but (at the very least) liked by the audience[=/=]gamers.
** The story itself is actually refreshing - there aren't many movies where the modern world has been brought to its knees by dragons, and an American Dragon-slaying Unit is an interesting twist - England is usually the setting for those kinds of stories.
* JustHereForGodzilla: In this case, the dragons.
* NarmCharm: Any time Matthew [=McConaughey=] is on screen, no exceptions. His final scene is SO Narmy it reaches CrowningMomentOfAwesome levels.
* SoBadItsGood: Director Rob Bowman said that he and everyone else involved on the project were fully aware that they were essentially making a B-Movie but decided to do do the best job they could meaning that the film includes genuine acting and some truly amazing visual effects.
* SpecialEffectFailure: As Van Zan clims the ladder at the end, the metal bow of his crossbow is bending on each rung behind him, revealing the fact that it is made of rubber.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome - The dragons were created by the now-defunct [[Creator/DreamQuestImages The Secret Lab]] and did look pretty convincing, to the point that quite a few reviews would say the movie was bad, but the dragons were ''awesome.''"