* AssPull: ''Invoked'' by the writers when talking about "Inner Kairu", which it is said will "develop when the time is right". Write yourself into a hole? [[TimeToUnlockMoreTruePotential Time for a miraculous Inner Kairu boost!]]
* BileFascination: Maybe it's the gorgeous animation.
* CaptainObviousAesop: The pilot had the aesop "Slavery is bad." Really, there weren't enough plot points or other threads for the moral to be anything else. The "Taunting someone for a skin-blemish" potential moral is never closed. Nope. Slavery is bad.
* DesignatedHero: Team Stax. They can hurl fire around forests, trigger avalanches, throw rocks at random people and ''[[FamilyUnfriendlyAesop string someone to a Pterodactyl by their ankle]]'' and ''still'' be treated like good guys.
%%* DracoInLeatherPants: See EnsembleDarkhorse below
** The Imperiaz: [[ParentsInDistress Their backstory is sympathetic]], so they got many fans before their actual first appearance in the actual show, where they get treated like dirt not worthy of sympathy. Hasn't stopped them from getting it, though, and many fans are mad at the writers for not portraying them more sympathetically.
** Season 2 does pour on the sympathy when Zane [[YankTheDogsChain yanks Imperiaz's chain]] by taking up Lokar's blackmail indefinitely right when the were about to free their parents. [[spoiler:And the finale does [[ThrowTheDogABone throw a quick bone Nan and Berkby's way]] when the Prism Kairu's curing of the Shadow Kairu also releases them from their crystal prison.]]
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: In episode seven, Team Stax deal with the "villain" of the day, an otherwise helpless paleontologist who had knocked them off a cliff while trying to capture a [[AWizardDidIt newly revived Pterodactyl]], by stringing him by his ankles to said Pterodactyl letting it fly off with him. Ummmm...
* GrowingTheBeard: Late season 1 and season 2 with regards to shaking up the [[StatusQuoIsGod status quo]] established in early and mid-season 1.
* TheScrappy: Mookee. He is TheMillstone whenever he does '''anything''' other than pilot Team Stax's ship; his voice is annoying and he comes across as a [[EthnicScrappy racist caricature of Asians]] with his [[UnfortunateImplications Fu Manchu mustache, squinty eyes and buck teeth]]. In one episode he, wants to be a Kairu warrior and when Team Stax lets him, he spends the whole fight fanboying then trips and accidentally fires a laser at the tree they were trying to protect. After being called out on this he promises to get better. Then in the next fight, [[TooDumbToLive he screws up again]], but gets lucky and saves the day through his clumsiness. [[DesignatedHero Everyone treats him like a great hero for this]], but at least they decide not to let him be a Kairu warrior anymore. Whether or not his infrequent appearances after early season 1 is a good thing or not is up to you.