* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: At least half of the movie!!
* DesignatedHero: When FidelCastro is more sympathetic than the main characters you are SUPPOSED to view sympathetically, you have issues.
* EarWorm: As cheesy and terrible as it is, "Night train to Mundo Fiiiine..."
** The fact that it's sung by Creator/JohnCarradine probably does nothing to hurt its catchiness.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: "He's Cherokee Jack!"
* FanNickname: Justine
* MoralEventHorizon: Griffin crosses this when he rapes a blind girl and murders her father.
* UnintentionallyUnsympathetic: As has been mentioned, Griffin was supposedly meant to be seen as a mostly decent person who was down on his luck and held back by a HairTriggerTemper, and what happens to him at the end of the movie was supposed to be [[TragicHero tragic and thought-provoking]]. Unfortunately, all sympathy for him is lost by the time he rapes a blind girl and murders her father, making the ending seem more like justice being done than anything else.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotSymbolic: At one point, the camera zooms in on a Advertising/BurmaShave -esque sign that asks "How will you spend eternity?". Judging by the pacing of the movie, [[TakeThat probably watching]] [[DeadpanSnarker this scene]].