* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Ladies and gentlemen, Red will now take a break from bounty hunting to massacre an army of midget circus clowns with a Gatling gun...mix it up a little.
* CompleteMonster: Before he became the Governor, Griffon was the partner of gold miner Nate Harlow, the father of [[TheHero Red Harlow]]. After an encounter with General Diego, Griffon doesn't hesitate in selling out Nate and his family for Nate's half of the gold and his own life, getting Nate and his wife killed. As Governor, Griffon and Diego are running an illegal gold mine using slave labor and when an American soldier tries to report this to the Governor, Griffon not only admits that he's in one it, but he has the soldier kept prisoner. He also tries to by Annie Stooke's ranch and when intimidation doesn't work, he simply sends his men to burn her farm down and kill her. Later at the Battle Royal, Griffon recognises Red and attempts to have him killed. When confronted at the end, Griffon says he regrets not being there when the Harlow's where killed, so he can make sure Red joined him and attempts to take this "second chance" to gun him down.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The soundtrack is exceptionally good. Especially the main theme, the music from the 'Hell Pass' and 'Ugly Streetfight' levels, and the brassy theme from the end of 'Range War'.
** The soundtrack is good. Some of Music/EnnioMorricone's work is on it.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: "YOU'RE GONNA BLOW UP '''REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAL''' GOOD, COWBOY!"
** "I hear stories of men waking up dead."
* FashionVictimVillain: Mr. Kelley, "the sharpest shooter - and dresser - in the territory!"
* GameBreaker: Jack Swift's deadeye special combined with pistols akimbo becomes this in multiplayer mode.
* GoodBadBugs: Most of them in multiplayer, thanks to the single-player mechanics not accounting for all the possible eventualities.
** Lots of enemies have a special melee attack where they [[HoistHeroOverHead lift you above their head, hold you for a second and then throw you]]. If they get killed at any point during this, you stay floating in mid-air and are then thrown as if nothing had happened.
** Anyone who gets killed by a shotgun will get [[BlownAcrossTheRoom blasted back several metres]]. In multiplayer, you can randomly get hold of a [[IncendiaryExponent burning shotgun]] - and if someone hit by it later burns to death, they'll get blasted away in a random direction too!
* OneSceneWonder: Besides Red, all of the different playable characters are only usable for one level.
* ThatOneBoss: Mr. Kelly.
* ThatOneLevel: The flashback mission where you play as General Diego has caused many a player to throw the controller across the room in frustration.