* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Ladies and gentlemen, Red will now take a break from bounty hunting to massacre an army of midget circus clowns with a Gatling gun...mix it up a little.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The soundtrack is exceptionally good. Especially the main theme, the music from the 'Hell Pass' and 'Ugly Streetfight' levels, and the brassy theme from the end of 'Range War'.
** The soundtrack is good. Some of Music/EnnioMorricone's work is on it.
* CrowningMomentOfFunny: "YOU'RE GONNA BLOW UP '''REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAL''' GOOD, COWBOY!"
** "I hear stories of men waking up dead."
* FashionVictimVillain: Mr. Kelley, "the sharpest shooter - and dresser - in the territory!"
* GameBreaker: Jack Swift's deadeye special combined with pistols akimbo becomes this in multiplayer mode.
* GoodBadBugs: Most of them in multiplayer, thanks to the single-player mechanics not accounting for all the possible eventualities.
** Lots of enemies have a special melee attack where they [[HoistHeroOverHead lift you above their head, hold you for a second and then throw you]]. If they get killed at any point during this, you stay floating in mid-air and are then thrown as if nothing had happened.
** Anyone who gets killed by a shotgun will get [[BlownAcrossTheRoom blasted back several metres]]. In multiplayer, you can randomly get hold of a [[IncendiaryExponent burning shotgun]] - and if someone hit by it later burns to death, they'll get blasted away in a random direction too!
* OneSceneWonder: Besides Red, all of the different playable characters are only usable for one level.
* SequelDisplacement: This game is much less known than it's sequel. Calling the third game ''VideoGame/RedDeadRedemption2'' became a FandomBerserkButton, [[HilariousInHindsight until it's title was revealed to be just that]].
* ThatOneBoss: Mr. Kelly.
* ThatOneLevel: The flashback mission where you play as General Diego has caused many a player to throw the controller across the room in frustration.