* BreatherBoss: Skops the Scorpion could very well be easier to defeat than Moskito. It's a little weird, since after Skops comes the final level where [[BigBad Mr. Dark]] presides.
** May actually overlap with WhatCouldHaveBeen: As a beta screenshot on the PS1 box reveals, he was supposed to be a very early boss fought in the Dream Forest (perhaps even being the first boss in the game) before they moved him up and replaced him with Moskito.
* BreatherLevel: Blue Mountains can feel like this after some of the superhuman feats you have to pull off in [[BandLand Band Land]]. However, then in comes [[ThatOneLevel the snow-capped mountaintops of Mr. Stone's Peaks]]...
* DemonicSpiders: The Stone Men. They thow lava balls that split into bits that can harm. You have to punch them several times before they collapse... a moment before they revive themselves like [[Franchise/SuperMarioBros Dry Bones]].
* EarWorm: [[MostWonderfulSound YEAH!!! Tatataaataaatata nyahaaahahahaha *ting*]] Also, the bonus level music is very hard to get out of your head.
* GoddamnBats: Anti-toons. They are small, which means you have to be below them to hit them (or duck after throwing your fist while they are coming towards you), and have an annoying habit of coming-and-going on tiny, often slipery platforms just to be sure you fall to your death.
* MostAnnoyingSound: That gasping shriek Rayman makes whenever he is hurt by something, and considering the amount of things on this game that are out to do nothing but hurt you, you will hear it a LOT.
* MostWonderfulSound: That "YEAH!" when you finish a level. It starts off as a rather hilarious sound effect, but turns into one of the most wonderful sounds ever when you complete an especially difficult level.
* PolishedPort: The SegaSaturn port, which had color transparencies, crisper sound and scene transitions unique from the PlayStation and Jaguar ports. However, its missing the password system and one negligible track of music, and the FMVs are more compressed than the PS1 port. Also, all three of the PC re-releases notably have new custom-made bonus levels made by the fans and developers, as well as a level editor. The only downsides are that the soundtrack was cut down and the cut scenes had to be removed from ''Rayman Forever'' because there was too much content to fit them in.
* ThatOneBoss: The second encounter with Space Mama. First, she's at the end of an already hard level so you can't save your game before her. The battle is quite long and while you may have 5 hp reaching her if you died the first time (wich is likely), [[ContinuingIsPainful you'll have to redo the entire battle with only 3 hp!]]. The next two bosses look easy by comparison.
* ThatOneLevel: The game itself is NintendoHard but Allegro Presto, Mr Stone's Peaks and Eat at Joe's are among the hardest levels. Bongo Hills also qualifies because it's [[MarathonLevel so damn long, the longest level in the game in fact]], dragged out, difficult and [[GuideDangIt has hard to find cage]]s.