* BaseBreaker: Dallas and Juanita; though their commentary is funny at times it really gets kind of annoying when they always try to put Ratchet down during the fights. Dallas sometimes gets impressed with Ratchet's skill but Juanita rarely compliments the lombax.
* CompleteMonster: [[CorruptCorporateExecutive Gleeman Vox]]'s schemes overall were not as wide-scale or devastating as the havoc Chairman Drek committed, but is by ''far'' the more malicious and unstable in personality. Not content with merely kidnapping superheroes and forcing them to fight each other to the death, he keeps them safely imprisoned with collars that shock them or explode if they try to escape and demonstrates the collars on sentient robots. He also isn't above putting the entire planet of Stygia in danger by sabotaging the force fields that protect it from meteor storms, or attempt to murder everyone aboard his space station - including thousands of innocent audiences, some of which are children - all for the simple purpose of improving his ratings.
* DemonicSpiders: The Executioners, they hit hard, are about as sturdy as a tank, can hit you from a distance as well as close up, and show up ''everywhere'' in the last two-thirds of the game. Luckily, their shots are relatively slow, very predictable, and very easy to dodge.
** Then there's the ''Laser Backs''. Oh god the Laser Backs. They're like the Executioners, but with everything cranked UpToEleven plus the ability to hover. They basically look like [[GiantSpaceFleaFromNowhere giant flying]] [[PirateNinjaZombieRobot robot crawfish]] with rapid fire guns that hit ''hard''. If more than one suddenly shows up, you'd better make destroying them your new top priority, especially if there are already Executioners around.
* FridgeBrilliance: You actually get ''paid'' for getting Skill Points in this game, unlike the past entries where they were mostly a BraggingRightsReward. Well, you ''are'' on a reality TV program, pulling off feats like that obviously improves their ratings.
* GameBreaker: arguably the [[GunsAkimbo Duel Vipers/Raptors]], as they can become so powerful to shred anything short of our BigBad in seconds!
* MoralEventHorizon: Ace Hardlight had certainly crossed it a long time before the events of ''Deadlocked'', but him not only murdering Captain Starshield on-screen, and almost [[spoiler: killing Al]], all with [[BloodKnight sadistic glee]], makes it clear he's a completely irredeemable villain. His JacobMarleyWarning to Ratchet after his defeat makes up for ''nothing'' that he has done.
* StopHelpingMe: ''Deadlocked'' seems intent on [[CaptainObvious pointing out the obvious]] -- repeatedly, and by at least two characters in a row.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: At the time of release, many fans felt like this due to the drastic shift the game took. Platforming was even less of a focus, the maps were designed more for Multiplayer rather than Single Player, and the dark tone of the game put many people off. Such a reaction would not be seen by fans until the release of ''RatchetAndClankAll4One'' nearly a decade later. In the case of both, detractors generally agree that while it is a good game, it is not a good Ratchet game.
** On an opposite note, Deadlocked brought in its own group of fans that prefer it over the other, more light-hearted titles.