* ClicheStorm: Though several of these cliches get subverted.
* CaptainObviousAesop: Everything Radio Rebel teaches falls into this.
* EsotericHappyEnding: Nothing can stop the principal from expelling Tara.
** Considering how many supporters Tara has at the end of the film, it's likely that the principal will become rather infamous if she does it.
* FoeYay: Tara and Stacy have some vibes, especially at the end.
--> Tara (to Stacy): "You are yourself and you've never been more beautiful."
* FridgeLogic: The ''principal'' (Who by this point has been proved to be unlikable) cancels prom and the students get angry at Radio Rebel (Who has done nothing but make them happier).
* JerkassWoobie: Stacy, once it's shown just ''how'' important being Prom Queen is to her.
* TheWoobie: When Tara looks like she's about to cry because she's getting so many calls about prom being canceled, it's really hard not to feel sorry for her.
** The puppy dog faces Creator/DebbyRyan makes when her character is supposed to be sad don't help.