* CrowningMomentOfFunny: After Blackjack gets shot, he says "I guess I'm one of you now", to which the sheriff responds "don't count on it" and shoots him again.
* FridgeLogic: How does Blackjack know the townsfolk are dead? He recognizes some as famous outlaws ''said'' to be dead, but surely the first conclusion would be that reports of their deaths had been exaggerated.
* FridgeBrilliance: Everyone in that town is dead. Why can living people reach it? Blackjack's gang is implied not to be the first party to pass through. It must be to provide more temptation - the townsfolk have to resist the urge to drink and gamble despite the perfectly good saloon in town, but no one there would be willing to start a fight. Outsiders, not restricted by the threat of Hell, can challenge that temptation.
* TearJerker: Lefty doesn't make it.
* The girl condemned to Purgatory for cutting up her abusive father - a crime we moderns would consider justifiable - is probably there ''because'' she feels justified. Two wrongs don't make a right.