* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzNjmIWbns4&feature=related "Anger is an energy, anger is an energy..."]]
** Most of their early material qualifies, but "Public Image" is probably the band's personal CrowningMomentOfAwesome.
** How about their bizarre [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZLhqTzjpUM performance on American Bandstand]]"? Yup, someone at ''AmericanBandstand'' decided to book an intentionally uncommercial band with [[NoHitWonder zero US pop hits]].
* EpicRiff: Their first two albums, while graced with some brilliant guitar playing, have very few actual "riffs". Jah Wobble's ''bass lines'', [[DoubleSubversion on the other hand...]]
* FridgeHorror: "Poptones", once you get around to worrying about the metaphors.
** And what is the realisation? [[spoiler:That the song is from the perspective of someone who has been kidnapped, raped, shot in the head and left to die in the woods.]]
** About half of ''Metal Box'' is like this, actually...
** and the cumulative effect of the "We only wanted to be loved" chants in "Fodderstompf"? *shudder*
* IAmTheBand: Lydon is the only constant member.
* NightmareFuel: A lot, particularly on ''Metal Box'' and ''Flowers Of Romance''.
** Also, "Theme", "Annalisa" and "Fodderstompf" from their debut.