* CompleteMonster - Doris Egan, after she crosses the MoralEventHorizon by coldly firing the superweapon at Hargenteen, ending billions of innocent lives.
* DesignatedHero - The TCAF. While a government certainly would do some questionable things to their colonies to keep them in line in the face of a burgeoning revolution, no one but the colonies seem to be bothered that they ''destroyed the population and ecosystem of an entire planet'', until they come close to the karmic retribution when Doris Egan sends the superweapon onto them.
* GameBreaker - A couple of weapons and weapon combos turn this game into easy mode. To sum them up:
** Condor 105 AM and-or Thrush 220 AM = MacrossMissileMassacre UpToEleven
** The Divider L3GP, when paired with the Fire Control System, makes the [[AceCombat Tactical Laser System]] look like a dinky laser pointer.
** The Spitfire BX is the result of [[MegaMan Mega Man's]] arm cannon mounted onto a space fighter and given some homing abilites: [[OneHitKill kills all but the most durable of fighters in a single shot]]. The Long Spear HBP is also a beam-based breaker, due to being accurate, has lots of ammo and has a whopping sixty lock ons.
** The Cauldron 50 rocket is the popular choice for killing warships, even against super battleships.
* MoralEventHorizon - [=ADAN=] is [[TheRevolutionWillNotBeVilified just a coalition of oppressed planets who want to have their own government]]. Terra [[EvilEmpire kills planets who oppose them]]. [[spoiler: Then [=ADAN=] glasses Hargenteen. Then [[EvilLaugh laughs]] about it. Then [[TheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt moves in on Earth.]]]]
* ScrappyMechanic - The sub-objectives and EscortMission overdose. The former requires a guide, but some sub-objectives are missing. The latter can cause quick [[GameOver Game Overs]] because of having to kill everything in sight.