!!The game provides examples of:
* DemonicSpiders: The blue spear enemies that are immune to vault attacks (unless you vault off of a wall instead of them), and the sword enemies that are immune to vault attacks ''and'' have a sweeping attack that goes underneath the Prince's guard to damage him anyway.
* GameBreaker: Except for the aforementioned enemies that are immune to it (knocking the Prince down when he attempt it,) vault attacks are ''very'' overpowered, often knocking down enemies in only two hits. And even with the two immune enemies, if you're next to a wall, you can pull it off anyway by rebounding off of the wall instead of the enemy. This will ''instantly'' knock them down, leaving them open for the finisher. The sequels nerfed it.
* GoddamnedBats: Of the [[LedgeBats ledge kind]].
* MostAnnoyingSound: The guard who tells you how to activate the defense mechanism.
!!The film provides examples of:
* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Given that King Sharaman apparently spends most of his time drinking, enjoying the company of his wives and studying religious scripture, how ''[[TheGoodKing good]]'' of a King is he really? [[spoiler: Considering that Nizam is implied to have always been the true power behind the throne, even though he's evil, how badly would he have ruled the Empire, when he's been basically doing that for ''decades?!'']]
** [[spoiler:The reason Sharaman's reign was so prosperous is that the two brothers ruled ''together''. Nizam was obviously the brains, while Sharaman was the face and MoralityChain. Take either of them out of the equasion and the kingdom would go to the dogs. It's a shame that Nizam never understood his importance.]]
* CompleteMonster: Nizam, the [[EvilUncle uncle of the hero Dastan]], chafed at being in the shadow of his elder brother, the King. To remove himself from under the King's shadow, Nizam set his sights on the Dagger of Time and the Sands of Time, not caring of the horrors and chaos he could unleash on the world. Nizam brought about a battle with an innocent city, not remotely caring of the deaths of innocents, and arranged the death of his own brother while attempting to have his sons murdered. Revealing an utter contempt for the adopted low-born Dastan, Nizam revealed his true goal was to rewind time so he could undo this greatest error: once saving his brother's life when they were children.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Seso.
** Sheik Amar also completely steals whatever scene he's in.
* LikeYouWouldReallyDoIt: [[spoiler:[[MenAreTheExpendableGender The viewer might buy that the hero's brothers are killed off.]] [[ForegoneConclusion However, when you see his love interest falling to her death, you know the Sands of Time will somehow rewind time at the end of the movie to undo her death]].]] This also applies, in part, to the game.
* IronWoobie: Dastan.
* StrangledByTheRedString: Dastan and Tamina have the whole movie to slowly bond with each other, get into playful arguments and display plenty of BelligerentSexualTension. This seems to be one of the good things as their chemistry and the build up feels natural... But their FirstKiss comes at the ''worst'' possible time. Right after violently dispatching the BigBad's [[TheDragon dragon]].
* VideoGameMoviesSuck: The general consensus is that ''Prince of Persia'' is the best video game film adaptation ever released by mainstream Hollywood. This is usually followed by the caveat that this is not exactly a high standard to meet.