!!The game provides examples of:
* DemonicSpiders: The blue spear enemies that are immune to vault attacks (unless you vault off of a wall instead of them), and the sword enemies that are immune to vault attacks ''and'' have a sweeping attack that goes underneath the Prince's guard to damage him anyway.
* GameBreaker: Except for the aforementioned enemies that are immune to it (knocking the Prince down when he attempt it,) vault attacks are ''very'' overpowered, often knocking down enemies in only two hits. And even with the two immune enemies, if you're next to a wall, you can pull it off anyway by rebounding off of the wall instead of the enemy. This will ''instantly'' knock them down, leaving them open for the finisher. The sequels nerfed it.
* GoddamnedBats: Of the [[LedgeBats ledge kind]].
!!The film provides examples of:
* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: Given that King Sharaman apparently spends most of his time drinking, enjoying the company of his wives and studying religious scripture, how ''[[TheGoodKing good]]'' of a King is he really? [[spoiler: Considering that Nizam is implied to have always been the true power behind the throne, even though he's evil, how badly would he have ruled the Empire, when he's been basically doing that for ''decades?!'']]
* CompleteMonster: [[spoiler:Not only does Nizam have no regrets in murdering close family and hiring an entire group of [[PsychoForHire Psychos For Hire]], but he wants to rewind time so that an act he did as a kid (saving his brother from a lion) never happened and he would be the king from the beginning. He's willing to wipe the only kind action he's ever done from history. That's a whole new level of wrong.]]
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Seso.
** Sheik Amar also completely steals whatever scene he's in.
* LikeYouWouldReallyDoIt: [[spoiler:[[MenAretheExpendableGender The viewer might buy that the hero's brothers are killed off.]] [[ForegoneConclusion However, when you see his love interest falling to her death, you know the Sands of Time will somehow rewind time at the end of the movie to undo her death]].]] This also applies, in part, to the game.
* IronWoobie: Dastan.
* VideoGameMoviesSuck: The general consensus is that ''Prince of Persia'' is the best video game film adaptation ever released by mainstream Hollywood. This is usually followed by the caveat that this is not exactly a high standard to meet.