* AssPull: The writers were very forthright that the last four episodes of the season (drawing many seemingly insignificant plot threads together) were rewritten in response to [[FanDumb fan whining]]. Though the precise mechanics of Lothor's EvilPlan do fall close to a GambitRoulette of the highest order, the little details don't work and it's clearly a retcon. (Most of) The fans don't seem to care, making this a fine example of AuthorsSavingThrow.
* BaseBreaker: Lothor. People seem divided on whether he was a MagnificentBastard in his own right with an awesome EvilPlan (and making use of a [[XanatosGambit plan with a obvious and hidden goal]]) at the end of the series making him one of the most memorable villains in the show's history, or a complete [[IneffectualSympatheticVillain joke]] who did nothing but [[OrcusOnHisThrone sit around and complain most of the series]] and his plan towards the end was nonsensical and [[AssPull came out of nowhere]]. There's also a third faction, that loves him for his personality, plan and fighting skills, but dislike him for not getting out and fighting much.
* CrossoverShip: While not a romantic ship ([[HoYay mostly]]), Dustin and Chip from [[Series/PowerRangersMysticForce Mystic Force]] are commonly written together as good friends due to their nerdy nature (as well as being the only two male Yellows in the franchise thanks to Saban's decisions from ''MMPR'' through ''Wild Force''.
** Actually, there's also Tideus of the Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers, but most people don't even know he exists.
* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Cam and Kiya's fight in "The Samurai's Journey, Part 2." Made even more impressive [[spoiler: when viewers learn that Kiya is Lothor's younger self]].
** Vexacus viciously taking down Zurgane in "General Deception, Part 2."
* EarWorm: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKfnCvGACS8 The Theme song]].
* EnsembleDarkhorse: While Tori was in the "Once a Ranger" episode, is Cam what we're talking about. Cam, the Adorkable, snarky Ranger who you sympathised with the first half of the season. The probable reason he didn't show up for that episode was because they already had two greens in the team (Bridge and Xander, the first having gotten promotion to red ranger status), and bringing back another would be redundant. Tori probably came back to fulfill TwoGirlsToATeam and/or to have just one member of the Once A Ranger team's Sentai counterpart be the same.
** Tori herself, however, is also pretty well loved. Guess that happens when you're the first female Blue Ranger in the franchise's history (though admittedly Sentai already had a couple of female blues).
* HilariousInHindsight: One episode has Marah dreaming of being a ranger herself, complete with a shot of her in a pink version of Tori's suit. [[Series/ShurikenSentaiNinninger A pink ninja-themed ranger? Give it about 12 years.]]
* GrowingTheBeard: Usually considered to either be when the Thunder Rangers joined the team or "The Samurai's Journey" three-parter.
* InformedWrongness: Dustin in "Tongue and Cheek". He does develop some AcquiredSituationalNarcissism, but he gets chewed out well-before then (which could explain why he would let the fame go to his head). And the one character really letting him have it is Shane, who later admits he was being jealous.
* MagnificentBastard: Arguably Lothor.
* RetroactiveRecognition: [[Series/PowerRangersRPM Colonel Truman]] sent Lothor into space!
* VillainDecay: Lothor. He suffers it BEFORE the series even begins.
* VindicatedByHistory: Inverted like [[Series/PowerRangersLostGalaxy Lost Galaxy]]. It was considered a fan favorite when it first aired but not anymore due to having [[Series/PowerRangersDinoThunder better]] [[Series/PowerRangersRPM received]] seasons since, even a [[Series/PowerRangersSPD season from the Kalish era]] is more popular than Ninja Storm.
** However, some fans do adore this season for various reasons (The tone, Lothor's plan, the designs, the Rangers themselves...), and many appreciate the LighterAndSofter approach after the drama heavy Wild Force.