!!The Hanna-Barbera series contains examples of:
* HilariousInHindsight: One of the dogs in the movie is wearing what look exactly like [[TengenToppaGurrenLagann Kamina's]] sunglasses.
* TheScrappy: ''Nobody'' likes Brattina. [[IntendedAudienceReaction This was probably intentional.]]
* TastesLikeDiabetes: Bright Eyes and Whopper in the second season. Hell, the ''entire'' second season.
* VillainDecay: Katrina was originally a fairly cunning opponent, willing to go to any lengths to harm/destroy the Pups. However, her motive was altered to simply "locking them all up FOREVER" after she got control of the pound in the second season... possibly because the cunning Katrina would've been a ''much'' greater threat.
!!The movie contains examples of:
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: Was there ANY point to the "All in Your Mind" musical number?
* ClicheStorm: Every cartoon cliché is on display here.
* EarWorm: Every song. Mostly because they are SuspiciouslySimilarSong versions of much better 1950s hits.
* HoYay: Reflex's condition causes him to run around in trance and kiss anyone in sight regardless of gender (or even species), so male dogs also fall victim to his hugs and kisses.
* SoBadItsGood: Some elements of it, mainly revolving around the villain's nonsensical plan.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: The songs essentially use the same tune as 1950s classics such as "Let's Go to the Hop" and "Duke of Earl".
* TheyJustDidntCare: The quicksand looks nothing like quicksand, and Collette appears with Cooler and the gang even though she was seen being captured by Lumpy and Bones a few minutes before then. One could argue the whole movie is this and nothing else.