* ColbertBump: When the images of ''VideoGame/PokemonSunAndMoon'''s Z-Crystal were first leaked in early 2016, it suspiciously resembled a Burst Heart right down to the shape coinciding with the speculation of Ash-Greninja being a FusionDance rather than a simple SuperMode via [[BondCreature Bond Evolution]] as revealed later on, the similarity of the design and timing of Ash-Greninja's reveal set the EpilepticTrees on fire and many famous Pokémon bloggers started referencing this manga, coming up with theories that it would actually be the [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AI0Wb-J7qg next]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryF2pry-kos big]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-WHc6PhFOo game]] [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwkzPu1PNiY mechanic]]. Thankfully, for most fans, it was actually the [[SecretArt Z-move]] mechanic instead.
* ClicheStorm: ''[=RéBURST=]'' doesn't break any new ground or play around with the conventions of the ShonenDemographic. The tropes used in the manga are ones you've seen many times before played straight without any creativity.
** If a female is in a fanservice-y pose (in the splash pages or otherwise), expect her pose to require a rubber spine or her body to have misshapen parts.
** The BURST forms themselves look too human for Pokémorphs while simultaneously looking too ''in''human for gijinkas, [[UncannyValley hitting just the right measure of "human"]] to turn off fans of both.
* HypeBacklash: It was hyped as a DarkerAndEdgier Pokémon manga in comparisons to the others but when it came out a lot of people were turned off by the FetishRetardant, HotBlooded protagonist, and especially the ''lack of actual Pokémon''. Even the people who stayed usually see it as SoOkayItsAverage.
* SugarWiki/MomentOfAwesome: Ryouga taking the Akebo head on like a man, followed by the Akebo shattering on impact with Ryouga's body.
* SoOkayItsAverage: Putting aside the [[TaintedByThePreview skepticism to the premise]], people faithfully read on...and generally found it to be underwhelming, but not horrible.
* TearJerker: The "Mother" chapter. [[spoiler:Karuta finds out that his mother had died after he brought the medicine for his village.]]
* UncannyValley: The character's BURST forms tend to be unappealing, looking less like they fused with the Pokémon and more like they ''skinned'' them.