* BigLippedAlligatorMoment - Where Del becomes the Devil!
** It's actually a sort of hallucinatory version of BeneathTheMask, as Neal is imagining seeing Del as the horrible source of evil he (thinks he) is.
** The moment where Neal and Del briefly look like skeletons during their WildTake literally seconds before the above moment could count.
* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: Neal, after mentally piecing together [[spoiler: the truth about Del and his wife,]] returning to the El station to invite Del home with him for Thanksgiving dinner.
* HilariousInHindsight: In one scene, Del talks about moving to Jamaica, getting some rum. Several years later, John Candy would star in ''Film/CoolRunnings'', [[VeryLooselyBasedOnATrueStory a fictionalized account of Jamaica's bobsled team]].
* JerkassWoobie: Sure, Neal comes off as a bit of a dick at times especially when he snaps at both the rental agent and the taxi driver, but after all he goes through, including nearly dying at least 3-4 different times, could you really blame him for reaching the breaking point?
** Edie [=McClurg=]. See ClusterFBomb.
** And Kevin Bacon.
** And [=Michael McKean=].
** And Dylan Baker.
*** In fact almost the entire cast could count as this as only Creator/SteveMartin and Creator/JohnCandy are in more than at most three scenes.
* TheWoobie: Del, once it's revealed that [[spoiler:Marie has been dead for years and he's been homeless ever since.]]