* AwesomeMusic: The music from the Planes "Take Flight" [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7prGN78sME teaser]].
** El Chupacabra's "Love Machine" song.
** Creator/MarkHolman's [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkvBgNEU9Fg "Nothing Can Stop Me Now"]] that plays in the film's opening.
** Franz originally had a cute EarWorm-y polka song, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRXDKNeKuRQ "Ein Crop Duster Can Race"]]. Looks like it was cut for time, which is a pity.
* BrokenAesop: The movie's aesop is supposed to be that if you follow your dreams, you can become more than what you were "built" for. Except that [[spoiler:Dusty had to go through significant alterations in order to be able to keep up with the rest of the racers, and therefore he became "built" for racing, at the same time completely losing his qualifications for cropdusting in the process. Had he won the race while staying 100% a cropduster, the aesop would hold water.]]
* ClicheStorm: The film is just the typical "underdog overcomes the odds and wins in the end" story, except the characters are vehicles.
* CriticProof: Critics hated the film, regarding it as a bland retread of ''Cars'' created only to sell more toys. This didn't stop the film from making back its budget.
* MisBlamed: Much of the Hatedom for this movie is aimed at Pixar despite the movie being written and designed by [=DisneyToon=] Studios and animated by Prana Studios in India (due to outsourcing).
* MoralEventHorizon: Ripslinger sending Ned and Zed to sabotage Dusty during the China-Mexico stretch.
* OneSceneWonder: John Ratzenberger's character, a ditzy and MotorMouth jet-tug. Probably one of few memorable things from the movie.
* TheScrappy: Some people consider Rochelle to be this.
* SuspiciouslySimilarSong: Since Dusty's daydream at the beginning of the film plays like a scene from ''Film/TopGun'', it's no surprise that the soundtrack strongly resembles Creator/KennyLoggins' "Danger Zone".
* WhatAnIdiot: Well, well, well, Ripslinger. Had you not [[spoiler:turned yourself to the cameras near the finish line]], you wouldn't have [[spoiler:let Dusty win]].
** Actually exploited on Dusty's part. Rip's habit of doing this was pointed out to him earlier in the film, and he took advantage of it to sneak by Ripslinger in his blind-spot and steal first place.