* EarWorm - "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Eo-gIWzhU Goodbye, Eddie, Goodbye]]", "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pa56msnwIY The Hell of It]]" and "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmSWXBq8A9Y Special to Me]]".
** Not to mention "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2iHPnmAT0o Somebody Super Like You]]" / "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mQ0nzo_rU4&list=UUwQ9Cr1YZjeNGAVnT0Yu6vw Life at Last]]"
*** "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97vV_cB8GkE Faust]]" and "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8q2ejKAsHg Upholstery]]"!
**** Okay, obviously every single song in the film.
**** It's borderline VillainSong: TheMusical.
** "Never Thought I'd Get to Meet the Devil", kept off the soundtrack album for reasons unfathomable.
* EvilIsSexy: Swan was a DracoInLeatherPants for many female fans upon the films release.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Swan is a "boy genius" [[PhilSpector record producer]] with a fierce ego and a willingness to kill. Probably seemed funnier before [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Spector#Murder_of_Lana_Clarkson Lana Clarkson's murder.]]
** [[WhatCouldHaveBeen Could've been]] even worse if they hadn't changed the name of the character from early scripts; Swan was initially meant to be called "Spectre".
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff - The movie has an intense fanbase in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and conventions are regularly held.
** Furthurmore it played for 62 WEEKS STRAIGHT there when it first came out!
* HilariousInHindsight: Swan programming Winslow a new voice almost becomes funny in an era full of auto-tune and heavily processed vocals that sound synthetic.
* MoralEventHorizon: Subverted. [[spoiler:Judging by the tape, Swan in 1953 seemed like a very narcissistic and egotistical hedonist but ultimately not a monster, and had been producing gold records (presumably not stolen ones) since age 14. At some point after his DealWithTheDevil, he obviously became the horrifying thief and abuser we see him as, though nothing in the deal itself said he had to. Alternatively he could've been that way all along, and we just didn't see it.]]
** He openly states to Philbin that he ''abhors'' perfection in anybody but himself; he was very vain to begin with, wanting to commit suicide because he didn't want to grow old and lose his good looks; when the devil asks him if eternal youth is worth his soul he replies "What soul?". Swan was a complete monster all along. He's not above using people to get what he wants, and everybody is a tool for him to use and abuse.
** For the first hour of the movie anything Winslow did was at least understandable. But when Phoenix's performance is about to start he murders the totally innocent stagehand operating the spotlight so he can man it - and he murders Beef for no better reason than he was in the wrong place at the wrong time - showing how far he has gone in his anger and obsession.
* TheWoobie - Winslow.
** Especially pre-Phantomization. He's impossible not to want to hug and be friends with.
*** WoobieDestroyerOfWorlds more like.
** "The Juicy Fruits"; they're treated pretty badly throughout the film.
* TooCoolToLive: Beef!