* CompleteMonster: Rebecca Madison, naturally enough, given that she plans to exterminate some 90 percent of all human life, with the remaining 10 percent being safe and sound inside her Cyberville citadel (and consisting of those she personally chooses to live inside Cyberville). There's also the matter of [[spoiler:[[FateWorseThanDeath what she did to Danny's parents]]]] and TheReveal in the final episode that [[spoiler:[[MoralEventHorizon she orchestrated the Sector Zero crash and set up the Phantom to attack her own husband under the false impression that Max Sr. had placed poison in the tanks at the station, when in fact Rebecca was the one who did it beforehand]]]].
* JerkassWoobie: Maxwell Madison Jr. He's one of the bad guys, and pretty creepy as well, but it's still easy to feel sorry for him. When you consider that Rebecca raised him, you realize he has a valid FreudianExcuse if anyone does.
* NoProblemWithLicensedGames: This series got an even more obscure videogame for the SNES and Sega Genesis. It's a Metroidvania shooter with plenty of weapons, with emphasis on the use of a GrapplingHookPistol. There's a lot of areas and subareas to explore, and a branching plot with MultipleEndings. A great but obscure game for both systems. Even if you don't know the series, you owe it to yourself to try it.
* SeasonalRot: In what is possibly one of the quickest onsets of this trope ever, the latter half of season 2 is noticeably more episodic and less well-written than the rest of the series. The series finale in particular feels rushed and incomplete. This was caused initially by ExecutiveMeddling trying to make the show more [[AnimationAgeGhetto accessible to kids]], then by the show's production staff learning that [[CutShort cancellation was imminent]] and scrambling to give the series a proper ending. Despite this, many still consider the series to have been too good to last overall. ...At least it ''got'' a proper ending. That's a lot more than can be said for many other series that [[CutShort faced similar circumstances]].