* AbridgedArenaArray: Throughout ''PSU's'' run, players have sought out the Free Missions with the most efficient EXP gain. The lobbies for those missions would be accordingly packed full as well. In Vanilla PSU, this first happened to "Plains Overlord," then to "The Mad Beasts," then to "Endrum Remnants." When ''[=AotI=]'' was released, this honor went to "White Beast," and remained so whenever an event wasn't going on--to the point that ''PSU'' itself was derisively nicknamed "White Beast Universe" as no one seemed interested in running any of the other missions in the game.
** This tendency prompted Sega to introduce the "GUARDIANS Boost Road," encouraging players to run chains of other missions for greater gains compared to spamming a single mission over and over.
* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: No one seems to mind that you can find random traveling cake shops, Pizza Huts and [= KFCs =] in dungeons ranging from VR simulations to military complexes. Or ''Portable 2's'' random BonusBoss subspace dragon at the end of some dungeons. Or when [[ProductPlacement Colonel Sanders]] [[GuestStarPartyMember joins as a party member]]. Gurhal is a strange place.
* CanonSue: Emilia from Phantasy Star Portable 2. At first she's just a lazy girl with a spirit trapped inside her. As you learn more about her, however, you find out that she's [[spoiler:a genius practically from birth, crucial to a massive supercomputer, can make calculations that strain even the robotic [=CASTs=], designed Lou's parts as scribbled notes while she was bored, and otherwise is pretty unstoppable at anything that requires her mind, all as a teenager]]. She even has [[spoiler:a tragic backstory, that requires other characters acting out of character to even happen. Neither Obel nor Laia seem like the types to greenlight Project Tenma.]]
** [[spoiler:[[FridgeBrilliance Perhaps]] the ones who greenlighted Project Tenma are the same ones who deemed Vivienne (who was an unknowing ''and'' unwilling Illuminus spy)and the player character (For going after her) traitors.]]
* EarWorm: The sub-series' theme tune, ''Save This World'', in its multiple incarnations. People either adore it or find it ear-splittingly grating, especially the original version from ''Universe.''
* FanNickname: Anga Jabroken, in reference to Anga Jabroga's gamebreaking status.
** Also Lolitechers, who are Newman females Techers who [[ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin ...yeah.]]
* GameBreaker: Anga Jabroga, however, a future update will nerf this Art. Whether or not it will still be a Game Breaker is something only time can tell.
** Shotguns are considered to be this these days by some of the players, especially in the Gunmaster class.
* IdiotPlot: ''Episode 1,'' which resulted from having [[IdiotHero Ethan]] as the protagonist.
* IKnewIt: Many theorized that [[spoiler:Hyuga has become a Dewman,]] which is confirmed in [=PSP2i=].
* MemeticMutation: "Segac," a DetractorNickname for Sega due to their lackluster management of the game outside of Japan. Originating from the [[BlackMarket Kubara weapons]] that are said to be just as good as their more-legit counterpart. [[InformedAbility Allegedly.]]
** They certainly are better in Portable 2
* MoralEventHorizon: Light Master Dohgi Mikuna is revealed to have crossed this a long time ago when [[spoiler: Ethan discovers that Dohgi had been using Mirei Mikuna's gifts of divination for rogues and other criminals, receiving payments for doing so]]. Long before that, Dohgi placed a Mark of Light on [[spoiler: Karen, Mirei's twin sister, to bolster Mirei's vitality; the Mark saps Karen of her abilities, which leaves her unable to use [=TECHNICs=]]]. During ''Episode 1'', Doghi [[spoiler: attempts to finish the job by sacrificing Karen's life in order to prolong Mirei's. Mirei tries to stop him, but is met with a powerful Technic that kills her]].
* StopHavingFunGuys: You don't have to do much to get booted from a party. Especially when you're at the end boxes in certain missions.
* ThatOneBoss: Magas Maggahna.