* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: In the last episode Machine 2 gets its arm torn off (again) right in front of Gomioka who seems to be rather shocked by it. Ohta's only reaction is to say: "Don't worry, stuff like this happens all the time."
* EarWorm: Try listening to [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UtUzjUA5Q "Sono mama Kimi de Ite"]] without the track ''and'' the chorus getting stuck in your head. You're welcome.
* NamesTheSame: a big hunk of metal with the name [[Manga/FullMetalAlchemist Alphonse]]? What are the odds?
* NeedsMoreLove: At least here in North America and Europe. The first two movies (and the second in particular) are some of Oshii's best work, but get consistently overshadowed by ''GhostInTheShell'' and his later films.
* SoBadItsGood: The voice acting in the English dub of the TV series. Most of the actors, frankly, sound like a bunch of untrained yahoos the studio pulled in off the streets, though they do try. There's actually a bit of FridgeBrilliance with the voicework, though, as the shoddy quality actually fits with the bored, underfunded, underdisciplined nature of Section 2.
** SuperlativeDubbing: the first two films' Manga Entertainment dubs are excellent, but especially the dub for the second film, and Peter Marinker's turn as Goto is the best of any English voice actor.