* CrowningMomentOfHeartwarming: [[spoiler:You get Fina (Really the Patapon Princess) back to normal by hugging her.]]
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: Seen the latest trailer? The one with the epic guitar chords later? And then later the patapons sing a sightly more spirited,sightly more epic version of Patapon 2's theme with the guitar riffs under it? Yeah,that one.
** Many boss fights and later levels qualify.
** Also the Don Chaka songs at the end of multiplayer levels. Some are cheesy, but others are pretty epic. The last part of the Don Caka songs itself is sightly more epic than the rest of the song as well.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghc8UihK9hY& Missile]] minigame in ''Patapon 3''.
* BreatherBoss: Final boss from the first game which relies on a pattern memorization rather than penultimate boss which relies on defeating it before getting defeated.
* ContestedSequel: The opinion of critics vary greatly on how ''Patapon 3'' fared compared to ''Patapon 2''.
* EarWorm: You'll hear it constantly even if you stop playing the game and the chants will follow you everywhere you decide to Pata Pata Pata Pon. In fact, it is very likely that it will even outworm anything heard in ''RobotUnicornAttack''.
** [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdTI5Sum_d4 Now in song form as the title theme of Patapon 2.]]
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Gong is very much well-liked, so much so that [[spoiler:he gets revived in Patapon 2 and plays an important role in Patapon 3 as well.]]
* FoeYay: Not directly into the game, but this is what many players feel [[spoiler: when Gong returns from the dead]] in Patapon 2.
** Technically, in Patapon games you count as a character yourself, being the Patapon's mighty war god. So anyone you fancy on the opposing side is subject of FoeYay.
** Present in Patapon 3. Naughtyfins falls in love with your Hero, and at times she'll defend him or help him out without either him or the other Dark Heroes looking, even if still technically enemies. She often flirts with him during cutscenes. [[spoiler: Although, she's really the princess you rescued in Patapon 2, so she's not necessarily a foe. Later in the game, you can turn her back to normal by hugging her. [[IncrediblyLamePun Talk about]] DefrostingTheIceQueen]]
* GameBreaker: The [[LimitBreak Hero Modes]] in the second game, take your pick
** InvincibleHero is one side of the story making the entire army unkillable
** ForMassiveDamage is the other side doing thousands of points of damage in seconds.
** In ''Patapon 3'', certain uberhero classes can make later levels very easy.
* MostWonderfulSound: FEEEVAAAH.
** And in Patapon 2 - "oeeEEEEI YA YAYAAAAN YAAN YAAN YAYAAAAMN"
* NightmareFuel: Arch Pandara is the scariest final boss ever seen in the Patapon series, and it deserves that title!
** Its first form is something resembling a robed skeleton.
** Its second form is a floating casket.
** Its third form is...
*** The final bosses from the three games are quite nightmarish in general.
*** Gate Goul Baban (and it's upgraded form Bababan). The eyes. THE EYEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS
* TheScrappy: A lot of people don't like Meden. [[DistressedDamsel Probably because she gets kidnapped twice,]] [[ScrappyLevel AND in the desert part of each game]].
** She often plays TheWatson for both you and her unnamed assistant, who seems well aware of everything that's going on (which the player will also find obvious) and frequently seems to just be indulging her ignorance.
* ScrappyMechanic: Hell is an instant kill Guillotine surrounded by self destructing salamanders...
* SurpriseDifficulty: "Give commands to an army of cutesy eye-looking critters through a series of 4 beats in a certain order.Seems easy.Why not?" Say hello to Queen Kharma,the desert level,and the (thankfully scarce) break the cart/steal catapult/scort missions.
** Patapon 3 has this in ''spades'' the minibosses turned what was once simple farming missions into headache inducing battles. Fortunately to compensate players always get experience at appropriate levels, even for failed missions
* ThatOneBoss: Gate Ghoul Baban is infamous in the first game for wiping the floor with unprepared armies. In the second game it's "slightly" easier with hero mode but still fairly hard
* ThatOneLevel: The Evilmass of Adamance in Patapon 3. It doesn't help that a certain guillotine gives players a GuideDangIt moment or even glitch out on you unexpectedly.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsForKids: Mild violence, censored bad words (Rarely in Patapon, at least), pole dancing, creepy monsters [[ArsonMurderAndJaywalking and]] RPGElements. Yup, E-rated.
** Final bosses Gorl, Dettan Karmen, Arch Pandara. EldritchAbomination with a hint of BodyHorror.
* WhatDoYouMeanItWasntMadeOnDrugs: You're the god of a tribe of eyeball people, which you must command into battle against other tribes of eyeball people by drumming four sacred, colored drums, so they can reach their ultimate objective; IT, which is located at the end of the Earth and no one knows what it is, but [[UnfortunateImplications is said to grant eternal happiness.]] Along the way, you deal with masks with great powers that wipe out memories when worn; giant multicolored easter eggs with several SealedGoodInACan inside, including a princess and the core of the world; massive [[EldritchAbomination Eldritch Abominations]] with a second head on their stomach; star-shaped people that drop money from their body, demons, and even overweight djinns. Yep, not made on drugs indeed.