* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: The entire soundtrack, by Music/SusumuHirasawa, "Parade" and "Mediational Field" in particular.
** Special honors go to "[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMc2EW6Pmkk The Girl in Byakkoya]]" though. The crazy juxtaposition of acoustic and electronica make for a song that's memorable, enjoyable and strangely romantic.
* EarWorm: "Mediational Field", the opening theme, the ending arrangement, and "The Girl in Byakoya".
** ''[[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe4NYtELlGg Parade]]'' will instantly [[NightmareFuel invade your mind.]]
* FanNickname: Tokita = [[Creator/ValveSoftware Gabe Newell]]. They both have messy brown hair, wear polo shirts, love technology, and are BigFun.
* FanPreferredCouple: Some viewers have lots of trouble accepting [[spoiler: that Chiba loves Tokita, and would rather have had her [[RescueRomance end up with Konakawa.]] This ignores how the [[MisaimedFandom fake ending with Konakawa and Chiba kissing in the sunset is supposed to be making fun of trite, cliché movie endings, which implies that pairing them together would have made for a really, really bland and predictable ship.]]]]
** [[spoiler: The aforementioned viewers would argue that Chiba ending up with Tokita is equally trite and cliché for its [[UglyGuyHotWife wish fulfillment]] for [[DoubleStandard male audiences.]]]]
* HarsherInHindsight: All the talk about Konakawa's incomplete film. ''Paprika'' was Satoshi Kon's last completed project; he died partway through making another film called, coincidentally enough, ''The Dream Machine''.
* HilariousInHindsight: See FanNickname.
* MemeticMutation: Thanks to WebOriginal/AMVHell, "I'M ON SHROOMS!"
* SubbingVsDubbing: A rare case where both sides have merits. The first meltdown dialogue comes off like a poorly translated metaphor in the subbed version, while the dubbed version makes it clear that the speaker's lost his mind. Interestingly, the dubbing goes for the spirit of the script rather than the translation, leading to entirely different but still effective dialogue.
* UglyCute: Tokita, who may be morbidly fat, but has an expressive, cute baby face.