* AwesomeMusic: There are several that qualify, but the one that takes the cake is probably [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyx0W5UhJGM "Casual Affair"]] from ''Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!''.
* BrokenBase: What happened when the Beatles-esque ''Pretty.Odd.'' came out, with many fans wanting the pop-punk/dance style of ''A Fever You Can't Sweat'' back, and dropped the '!' from the name. And then again, when they bought back the '!' and Ryan and Jon left to form their own band, The Young Veins.
** Also, when they saw the brand new dynamics between the replacement members, Ian Crawford and Dallon Weekes.
* FaceOfTheBand: People usually think of Brendon, the lead singer, before Ryan Ross, the main songwriter.
** [[InvokedTrope Invoked]] leading up to the release of "Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die", Brendon took the full spotlight to keep attention away from Spencer (who was dealing with personal issues), since if both he and Dallon shared the spotlight, Spencer's exclusion would be more obvious.
* InJoke: There are a lot of jokes about milk in the fandom. [[BrainBleach Don't]] [[ConvenientlyCommonKink ask]].
* MemeticMutation: On the YouTube page for ''The Ballad Of Mona Lisa'', a frequent comment is about the netgun used to capture Mary at the end.
* NightmareFuel: The videos for "Miss Jackson" and "This is Gospel"
* PoorMansSubstitute: Inverted. No one really gives much thought anymore to original bassist Brent Wilson (Probably because Jon Walker was around longer and much more willing to smile in photo shoots)
** It seems like Dallon Weekes and Ian Crawford are about to become this, after Ross' and Walker's departure. Though many fans adore them, many are still quite bitter over the split.
* PortmanteauCoupleName: Rydon/Ryden (Ryan/Brendon), still very popular despite the split. Joncer (Jon/Spencer), usually a case of PairTheSpares. After the split, Brencer (Brendon/Spencer) was formed.
** Now introducing Brallon (Brendon/Dallon)
* RealPersonFic: [[http://community.livejournal.com/slashatthedisco/ And how!]]
* ShipToShipCombat: Ryden or Brallon? Be careful, if you take a side.
** Even before Brallon, pre-Split, once ''Live In Chicago'' came out, Brencer (Brendon/Spencer) and Ryden had some pretty nasty fights on livejournal.
* StartOfDarkness: Whether you buy into the Ryan Ross hatedom or not, it's clear that the content of ''Pretty. Odd.'' is a precursor to his leaving the band with Jon Walker and creating The Young Veins, whose music that sounds very much like ''Pretty. Odd.''.
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: While ''Pretty. Odd.'' was not this for ''A Fever You Can't Sweat Out'', for most people, and ''Vices & Virtues'' also fell flat, ''Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die!'' was extremely well done, even attracting people who were ambivalent about the first three albums.
* TearJerker: Post-Split, a lot of ''Pretty. Odd.'' songs have become this for people. ''Folkin' Around'' especially.
** ''Trade Mistakes'', especially the chorus of the song.
** What some fans thought when ''Pretty.Odd.'' came out.
** Also when the band removed the exclamation mark after "Panic" in the name. The exclamation mark has since returned.
* TheyCopiedItSoItSucks: The band got a lot of heat for their blatant similarities to FallOutBoy.