* FandomBerserkButton: Due to the below-mentioned influx of Brazilian players, ''do not'' mention this game and Brazil in the same sentence.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: Like most free [=MMOs=], this game is very popular among Brazilians, to the point where when the Brazilian version closed down, an influx of Brazilian players in the international version raised many complaints.
* MostAnnoyingSound: The O.B. chord. Get used to hearing it on [[ThatOneLevel the more difficult courses]].
* ThatOneLevel: Several courses are persistent nightmares for some players; Silvia Cannon and Wind Hill are the most notorious offenders. Interestingly enough, they do this in different ways:
** Silvia Cannon looks ''obviously'' difficult: many holes are a case of "They want me to get the ball ''where''?" Discovering shortcuts, learning how to use special shots and using the cannons to your advantage help it get easier with practice.
** Wind Hill--or [[FanNickname Wind ''Hell'']] as some call it--doesn't look too bad on the surface (it reuses the layout of the medium-difficulty course Sepia Wind) but the unpredictable winds, the addition of some awkward trees and the tweaking of the ball's contact physics turn it into a nightmare of missed greens and unexpected [=OBs=]. Essentially, SC is harder for new players but WH is harder for experts.
* TheComputerIsACheatingBastard: On the Wii version, it's kind of hard to get much anywhere in story mode when the third opponent you face keeps making improbable chip-in eagles to beat you.