* FandomBerserkButton: Due to the below-mentioned influx of Brazilian players, ''do not'' mention this game and Brazil in the same sentence.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: Like most free [=MMOs=], this game is very popular among Brazilians, to the point where when the Brazilian version closed down, an influx of Brazilian players in the international version raised many complaints.
* MostAnnoyingSound: The O.B. chord. Get used to hearing it on [[ThatOneLevel the more difficult courses]].
* ThatOneLevel: Several courses are persistent nightmares for some players; Silvia Cannon and Wind Hill are the most notorious offenders. Interestingly enough, they do this in different ways:
** Silvia Cannon looks ''obviously'' difficult: many holes are a case of "They want me to get the ball ''where''?" Discovering shortcuts, learning how to use special shots and using the cannons[[note]]each of them fires in only one of three preset directions to create a 9 m/s wind in that direction[[/note]] to your advantage help it get easier with practice.
** Wind Hill--or [[FanNickname Wind ''Hell'']] as some call it--doesn't look too bad on the surface (it reuses the layout of the medium-difficulty course Sepia Wind) but the unpredictable winds, the addition of some awkward trees and the tweaking of the ball's contact physics turn it into a nightmare of missed greens and unexpected [=OBs=]. Essentially, SC is harder for new players but WH is harder for experts.
* TheComputerIsACheatingBastard: On the Wii version, it's kind of hard to get much anywhere in story mode when the third opponent you face keeps making improbable chip-in eagles to beat you.