* CrowningMomentOfAwesome: Let's face it, getting that bastard known as Madagascar infected will almost certainly qualify as your own personal moment of this.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: The untouchable Madagascar is [[http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-24461474 at risk of a bubonic plague epidemic]] after it started cropping up in prisons.
* GameBreaker: Actually, mimicking the flu symptoms minus everything dangerous means that your disease will spread everywhere, including to Madagascar early on, giving you plenty of points to spend on fun things like heart failure. Giving your disease moisture I and heat I also helps a lot with infecting Madagascar.
* HarsherInHindsight: Every once in a while, countries will be hit by natural disasters and other issues, some of which have happened in RealLife (such as "New Zealand gets hit by earthquake").
** The game as a whole could be considered Harsher now that there is an Ebola outbreak spreading around Africa and potentially to other countries throughout the world.
* HilariousInHindsight: Madagascar really did SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING after the "zombie incident" in Florida where a man got high on bath salts and tried to eat a homeless man's face.
* MemeticBadass: Thanks to this game, Madagascar will always be remembered as the sole area in the world that no epidemic can touch.
* MemeticMutation: "[[FanNickname President]] [[LocationThemeNaming Madagascar]], a man has coughed in Brazil!" [[http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/shut-down-everything-madagascar-pandemic-2 "SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING."]]"
* NightmareFuel: Imagine a disease like the ones you craft here occurring in real life. Sweet dreams! Seeing the world going to shit in the game and imagining that happening in RealLife also counts.
* ParanoiaFuel: Just reading some of the symptoms can make you start to believe you may have contracted your own (fictional) disease.
* [[ThatOneBoss That One Region]]:
** Madagascar and Peru, the only two areas in the game with only one way to infect them.
** Western Europe was the original Pandemic's Madagascar. It had no airports or water sources. If you didn't hit it quickly, it would become the last bastion of civilization. Even worse, starting in Central Europe doesn't even assure you'll get it.
* TheScrappy: Madagascar. Loved for the meme, but a damn nuisance when playing.
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel: Although it's by no means bad, the original game pales in comparison to the second.
* TheWoobie: Even some of the most sadistic disease-makers can feel sorry for the one ship that hopelessly sails around the world, looking for a non-existent open port.