* DracoInLeatherPants: At ''[=WrestleMania=] XIII'', he and Davey Boy defended the WWE World Tag Team Titles against Mankind (Mick Foley) and Vader, in a match where everyone was a heel. Owen was the only one who got cheers.
* FatalMethodActing: Famously died in a fall prior to the scripted one from a much greater height than intended.
** Go back and watch Over The Edge. The opening monologue by Wrestling/TheUndertaker is this. Especially considering how he's talking about "Your Heroes will fall" and all.
** Owen Hart's theme, Enough is Enough when he was with [[Wrestling/TheNationOfDomination the Nation]], or the Blackhart theme. In the song, it has Owen Hart shouting quotes. He is in character, but consider the following:
*** ''"Come and take your best shot"'': Many critics thought the death was fake, and criticized the WWF for it.
*** ''"I tried to be a nice guy/I played by the rules"'': He stuck with his contract, he did everything that [[Wrestling/VinceMcMahon Vince [=McMahon=]]](the Chairman), the writers, and bookers said. Owen was convinced by the crew that the zip-line was safe. He, being an incredible man, believed it.
*** ''"You turned your backs on me"'': Possibly the WWF continuing the pay-per-view after his tragic fall.
*** ''"I snapped"'': The cable snapped and this is what killed him. You could also view this as him making the decision to hang on the zip-line, being crazy enough to do such a thing.
*** ''"I was a victim"'': Death.
*** ''"Enough is Enough, and it's time for a change"'': Owen Hart isn't in the Hall of Fame yet, his widow, Martha Hart will not allow it.
** Owen (as the Blue Blazer) actually tried the harness act before. Since the Blazer was supposed to be a buffoonish comic relief character, Owen intentionally got tangled up in the ropes, allowing his opponents to beat on him as be slowly descended to the floor.
** Owen fell to his death at an event called ''Over the Edge''. Needless to say, the WWE never used that name for a Pay-Per-View again.
** This quote, five months before his death:
--> ''ďWhen my contract is up, Iím out of wrestling. Iíve made plans. Iíve been smart with my fiscal affairs. Financially, Iíll be set. I really want to devote a lot of time to my family. Iíve bought some property on a lake. I plan on doing a lot of boating and fishing. I want to continue to stay in shape. And who knows, I might do ten weeks a year in Japan. Something just to motivate me to keep in shape, keep involved a little bit but not have to deal with the politics, the pressures that are so intense right now. Iíve paid my dues for twelve years now. If I continue for five more, thatís seventeen years working at a pretty hard clip. I think that at that point my family, my wife and kids, have been compromised enoughÖĒ''
* HilariousInHindsight: Owen once told Wrestling/MichaelCole, "you're full of crap." This was back when Cole was just a neutral announcer/interviewer, essentially a recycling of the same inept announcer character previously played by Sean Mooney and Todd Pettingill, and over a decade before Cole's 2010 heel turn.
--> ''"You're too damn selfish. And that's I kicked [[Wrestling/BretHart your]] leg out of your leg."''
* NeverLiveItDown: Breaking Wrestling/StoneColdSteveAustin's neck. Even after his tragic death. Made even worse by the fact that, according to Steve Austin, he never apologized.
** His death at ''Over the Edge'', as well as the RAW paying tribute to him the following night.
** On the Raw the week following the tribute show, Jeff Jarrett beat The Godfather for the Intercontinental Title - the same title that Hart was scheduled to win at Over the Edge. Jarrett tearfully called out Owen's name as he was handed the belt.
** The aftermath of the incident has lasted until this very day. Owen's family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the 'fed and have refused to allow them to use his likeness in any video game from the company or in video packages (with the exception of the WWE Network where pay-per views featuring Owen are still available to watch). This means the WWE can never mention Owen on screen again and, as a result, Owen will most likely never get the Hall of Fame induction he so rightly deserves.
* WTHCostumingDepartment: High Energy's puffy pants with the checkerboards on them.