* NightmareFuel: Freya in the pit of corpses.
* OneSceneWonder: Creator/RonPerlman as Gunnar, the king of a rival tribe.
* StrawmanHasAPoint: Kainan says the justification for wiping out the Moorwen was to tell themselves they were just animals, thereby implying that they weren't. But for pretty much the entire movie that's ''exactly'' what the Moorwen acts like and no more... a cunning but completely vicious animal. At best, the two are NotSoDifferent, as the Moorwen retaliates for the death of its species by slaughtering those who had nothing to do with it, including people on an ''entirely different planet''.
* GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff: The books are very popular in Germany, for some reason, to the point of new books being published there translated into German on the same day as the English originals.
* NightmareFuel: Contains more than a little, no surprise. High points include the lovely medical scenes.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: [[http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/26/outlander-opening-credits/ The main title theme.]]