* AudienceAlienatingPremise: So MJ gives us the Aespop that marriage is just a piece of paper and that you shouldn't have kids outside of wedlock. How Marvel did not see this as offensive to BOTH people who believe in marriage as some kind of sacred institution AND people who have kids outside of marriage or were from such a family is beyond anyone!
* AuthorsSavingThrow: Quesada attempted to manage one and finally answer all the fans' unanswered questions about One More Day. Results definitely weren't satisfactory.
* BileFascination: Played with, as you don't initially read it because it's bad, but then Quesada's writing shows up pretty quickly.
* BrokenBase: Just as the fandom was finally getting over ComicBook/OneMoreDay this story reopened old wounds.
* FamilyUnfriendlyAesop: The infamous page quote.
* FridgeLogic: If the story changed almost nothing and Peter still exposed his identity to the world... what? Wasn't there even a ''Brand New Day'' story where not even ComicBook/NormanOsborn or Venom even knew who he was, despite knowing his identity even ''before'' he told the world?
* HilariousInHindsight[=/=]HarsherInHindsight: Depends on the reader, but the famous page image of MJ [[SkywardScream skyward screaming]] seems to be made to mimic (or to mock) the reaction the fans would have.
* NeverLiveItDown: Perhaps intentionally, since MJ's page quote is basically ''begging'' for this to happen [[SelfDemonstratingArticle (and giving how much it got referenced in this page already... it seems the quote fullfilled its purpose)]], but the fandom will only remember this [[FanonDiscontinuity "as a memorable quote by the Quesada-verse Mary-Jane Watson"]].