* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: When Harmonica and Jill meet for the first time alone in a barn, [[IHaveYouNowMyPretty he rips her dress and pushes her to the ground]]... [[AvertedTrope but that's about it]]. It isn't explained why he would do this and it is never mentioned again.
* BrokenBase: While the film was always considered an epic masterpiece of SergioLeone, some say it was an half-job of Sergio. Some people think that the movie was too slow, but mostly is the cast critics for not being present ClintEastwood who was the original ManWithNoName, or even some criticize the film that were not present Gian Maria Volonte or Lee Van Cleef as the main villain.
* CompleteMonster: Frank. He's genuinely heartless, cruel, an extreme [[JerkAss jerkass]], sociopathic and greedy. Years ago, he [[spoiler:killed off Harmonica's brother]], and now he goes and kills off a farming family with his gang, including their youngest son. Then, he take sexual advantage of the widow, Jill.
-->'''Morton:''' Tell me, was it necessary that you kill all of them? I only told you to scare them.\\
'''Frank:''' People scare better when they're dying.
* CreepyAwesome: Frank.
* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: It's Morricone, so this might be a given, but [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ppJxujFSQI "The Man With A Harmonica"]] has got to be one of the most badass film cues of all time.
* EvilIsCool: Frank fits very well to the trope. Its a combination of BadAss, ProfessionalKiller, DeadpanSnarker and his suit practically makes him a cool villain. The fact that he's played by HenryFonda certainly helps.
* FoeYay / NoYay: Frank's sexual behavior with Jill.
* LoveToHate: Frank has a large fanbase, and is easily one of the most memorable characters in the film.
* MoralEventHorizon: Frank crosses this in his very first scene, killing a little kid. Yes, Frank is pretty vile.
* TearJerker: Frank killing off Jill's nice new family. Especially because she doesn't know, and is looking forward to her new life. Poor Jill is understandably horrified when she arrives. And Jill petting Timmy (the youngest son) on the head.
** The death of [[spoiler:Cheyenne.]]
-->[[spoiler:"Hey, Harmonica. When they do you in, pray it's somebody who knows ''where'' to shoot."]]
** The death of [[spoiler:Mr. Morton. The sight of it is tragic enough, even more so if you knew what he wanted to do before his death.]]
* TheWoobie: Jill.