* CrowningMusicOfAwesome: the theme song [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ9YTr8gBPI&feature=BFa&list=PL72E7E35A676D3A79 Never Say Never]], to the point that even people who didn't particularly care for the show admit to tuning in just to catch it.
** There's a bit of soundtrack that plays during the episode "The Origin of the World" right after the race begins and the racers get their first clear view of the racetrack. It is awesome and sets the mood very well.
** Each of the alien racers have their own catchy theme musics, which could be hard to fully hear amongst the action-packed racing.
* CompleteMonster: Canaletto. [[spoiler: What don't exactly what he did during his time as the Avatar, though it's not implied to be pleasant given who everybody who knows who he is terrified of him. There's also the fact that he caused every single harsh event in Molly's life to make sure that she would enter and win the Star Races so he could free himself so he could take back the powers of the Avatar and [[OmnicidalManiac destroy and recreate the galaxy]] because he considered it "impure."]]
* HilariousInHindsight: At the beginning, when Satis welcomes the Earth Team, Don Wei says he didn't expect the Avatar. The real Avatar? [[spoiler: It's not like it's hard to guess or anything.]]
* HoYay / LesYay:
** Ning and Skun are implied to be a couple and they hold hands pretty frequently.
** [[ThoseTwoGuys Stan and Koji]] are very close, repeatedly save each other's life, complete with spur-of-the-moment confessions like 'you're the best partner I could have had' and 'just run I'll hold them back' moments which make the one to which it's addressed jump on the perceived enemies to allow the first one to run away. Not to mention that they affectionately call the star racer they build together their "baby"...
** Even more obvious is the relationship between the heroine's [[JerkAss father]] and his racing champion, who met after the first lost his wife and [[ParentalAbandonment put his daughter in a boarding school]]. "How could you not tell me you had a wife" is but one example. The fact that the racing champion plays the part of both BigBrotherMentor to the heroine and TeamMom doesn't help.
* NeedsMoreLove: Even six years after its run, this show is still little known and much under appreciated.
* OlderThanTheyThink - The show appears to be the concept of "[[StarWars Podracing]]" spun out into an anime series, right down to the designs of several of the racers. However, Oban's racers were developed in 1997, two years before ''The Phantom Menace'' came out.