* BrokenBase: On whether the inclusion of the demon adds or detracts from the film
* HellIsThatNoise: If you hear creepy bat-like chittering, your time is almost up.
* SpecialEffectFailure: The closeups of the demon are more likely to inspire laughter than terror. Other effects, however, are really pretty good.
** The closeups were a result of ExecutiveMeddling - director Jacques Tourneur wanted the demon to be barely glimpsed. The demon's smoky long shots are effective, though.
* VisualEffectsOfAwesome: The demon looks very impressive for the 50's.
** For that matter, the scenes where we don't see the demon but rather the effect it's having on the world, like the smoking hoofprints in the forest being left by [[NothingIsScarier something we can't even see]], are VERY effective.
* WatchItForTheMeme: A lot of Music/KateBush fans found out about this film through her song [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VerK4zwMRQw Hounds of Love]], which opens with the sampled line "It's in the trees, it's coming!"