* FridgeLogic: Spirits can subsist just by acting in accordance to whatever concept or thing they represent, but in order to grow stronger they must hunt, kill, and eat other spirits who represent similar or related concepts. If that's the case it's a wonder that things like love, compassion, cooperation, or procrastination manage to exist at all.
** If you're paying attention, they can grow stronger by bathing in whatever their emotion is. That said, you ever notice [[CrapsackWorld none of the above-listed spirits have ever appeared in any of the books?]]
** Or when they do, it's as horrifying amalgamations. "Glad to kill" was a murder spirit that gorged on tiny joy spirits. [[WasntThatFun Fun times ensued.]]
* GameBreaker: Fighting Styles can be more powerful than actual supernatural abilities.
* NightmareFuel: Goes without saying.
** Belial's Brood in Requiem, the Hosts and Bale Hounds in Forsaken, Abyssal intruders in Awakening, the Pandorans and ''qashmallim'' in Promethean, the Gentry in Lost, the Kerberoi in Geist, the...''[[EverythingTryingToKillYou everything]]'' in Hunter...
* ScrewedByTheNetwork: White Wolf experienced massive layoffs by CCP because EVEOnline was struggling due to the brilliant plan to sell monocles for real money that nobody could see.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: The transition from Old World to New World was not well received by some fans. However, the new generation has gotten into the New World of Darkness, and the old guard has more or less gone from "[[RageQuit Nerd Rage!!]]" to "Eh, whatever."
** The God-Machine Chronicle rules revisions have been even less well received by an even smaller number of fans. One wonders if it's nerd rage concentration.