* AlternateCharacterInterpretation: It's clear that SV is an UnreliableNarrator, but how unreliable ''is'' he?
* CrackPairing: SV/XZ.
* EveryoneIsJesusInPurgatory: According to Braun, you can never overanalyze [=NofNA=]. You ''can'', however, take the analyzing to ridiculous levels! SV has been compared to religious extremists ''and'' great Greek philosophers.
* FanNickname: "Squints Verily" for SV.
* MoralEventHorizon: [[spoiler:SV murdering TY.]]
** An earlier version of ''10%+'' had very strong coarse language; this was changed to make it more approachable to a wider audience. Now, this in itself isn't bad. However, one of Polarizing's lines changed from "smashed against the ''[[PrecisionFStrike fucking]]'' wall" to... "smashed against the ''far-flung'' wall". Really?
** One page of ''Secretary'' has a facture which looks like it's named ''"pee"''. (It's actually "spee".)
** In addition, some may find that the animals referring to themselves as humans would break suspension of disbelief.
* NightmareFuel: Oh hell yes. There are ''tons'' of stuff that could qualify, especially in ''Secretary''.
* TearJerker: The endings of ''10%+'' and ''Secretary''.
* ViewerGenderConfusion: Okay, so they're animals, but it's hard to tell what gender most of the characters are just by looking at them.
* WhatDoYouMeanItsNotForKids: Heavy themes, violence (sometimes very graphic), coarse language, NightmareFuel and constant [[MindScrew Mind Screws]]. This comic is definitely not for kids - in fact, Braun has ''outright stated'' that the stories are meant for an older audience.
* WhatAnIdiot: Polarizing spends an awful lot of time talking and boasting about the things he can do to Quintet, instead of actually doing most of them. Arguably justified somewhat in that he probably doesn't want to actually kill her, [[spoiler: going so far as to use a facture to open a hole in the previously closed off cavern and urge her to leave.]]