* AwesomeMusic: This incarnation kicked off with an electric guitar remix of the original My Little Pony theme in A Charming Birthday.
** "Wish You Were Here," which describes Rainbow Dash's vacation to Unicornia.
** "Feeling Good", as Daffy Dazey gives Spike a bath.
** All of the Runaway Rainbow songs were good.
** "Shine On" from "Come Back, Lily Lightly"
** "Nothing Says Christmas Like A Pair of Socks" from a Very Minty Christmas. A cute little number showing just how ditzy and adorably cute Minty is.
*** Also, "That's What I Love About Christmas".
** G3.5's "Somewhere Super New," as well as the main theme.
** Just about all the rearrangements in the musical with the actors from the specials giving it their best; the accompanying live orchestra's just the icing on the cake.
* BrokenBase: "Bronies" who began with ''Friendship is Magic'' hate G3 for falling into TastesLikeDiabetes. That said, fans of G3 laud it for being LighterAndSofter compared to G4, and for carrying on the tradition of MyLittlePonyTales' slice of life format. Also, every series, including this one, is ''someone's'' first MLP series and thus the standard by which they judge the others. There are those also who started this series, ''like'' G4, and recognize certain faults with G3 but still like it anyway, for any number of reasons. (And wince every time they see someone being bashed and harassed for liking it - after all, way to demonstrate the positive messages taught by either G3 ''or'' G4, eh?)
** Core 7. Hasbro ignored almost every pony aside from seven of them and only produced toys for them. Minty, Kimono, and a lot of other fan favorites stopped appearing in cartoons and they changed Rainbow Dash's personality to the much disliked fashionista one.
* EarWorm: The theme song for the Core 7 series.
** The song ''Wish you Were Here'' from ''Greetings from Unicornia'' is a bigger ear-worm. Hear it once, and you will replay it again and again...
** "Get the Giggles" and "Shine On" from ''Come Back Lily Lightly''.
** "Feelin' Good" from ''The Princess Promenade''. "A Princess is in Town" is also certainly very easy to get stuck in your head.
** "That's What Makes A Friend" from ''Twinkle Wish Adventure''.
** "Dreams Do Come True," regardless of how one might feel about the song's message ("Sometimes you find your heart's desire, just by wishing it, wishing it.") It is designed, after all, as zippy, cheerful tune to end ''Twinkle Wish Adventure''.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Minty was left out of the Core 7 in G3.5, but the fandom rejoiced when she was brought back in the G4 toys and some are hoping she makes an appearance in ''WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic''. The ChristmasSpecial that focuses on her is often considered one of the best parts of the series. Even bronies who hate G3 will usually append that with the obligatory "except Minty, she was pretty cool."
** Lily Lightly also gets lots of love for her ShrinkingViolet personality and her BeYourself song, which is considered by many to be one of the show's best.
** A good few minor characters with little more than a scene or two qualify. Take Sunny Daze, for instance. A relaxed, casually confident, cool surfer girl with a nice design.
* LesYay: There are no male Ponies to get in the way of any RomanticTwoGirlFriendship moments, making the usual [[YuriFan shipping habits]] the standard for this continuity. Further enforced as the girls are very, very close this generation.
** Special mention goes to Star Flight and Heart Bright, who are "as close as two ponies can be," own a house together, share the same bed, dream the same dream, and finish each other's sentences.
* MemeticMutation: The line "Rainbow Dash always dresses in style" from the G3.5 theme has mutated in a number of YouTube videos, [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-LxYjmk8XI one]] of which simply presents the line over and over for just over two hours. For those that don't think they can take that, there's [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqnSyjcsfDg another]] that's only one hour. [[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJSN2iGZ4UA Another]] presents the G4 Rainbow Dash learning of the line, with a RecordNeedleScratch.
* MemeticSexGod: Star Catcher gets this reaction among older viewers.; the mildly sultry and imperious voice and mannerisms definitely help.
* MoeMoe: Pick a pony, any pony and they'll be this.
* NarmCharm: In general, G3 runs on this trope; cheesy but quite cute. And played straight enough that it's hard to hate.
* RescuedFromTheScrappyHeap: Twinkle Wish Adventure did this for G3.5, for some. With some actual screentime to write an actual plot and time for the characters to show their stuff, it helped some warm up a bit to them, [[WeHardlyKnewYe just as the Generation concluded.]]
* RetroactiveRecognition: Several G3 voice actresses, including Creator/TabithaStGermain, Creator/AndreaLibman, and Creator/CathyWeseluck, made the jump to [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic G4]], much to the amusement of bronies who decide to ArchiveBinge on previous generations for the first time.
** The most ironic case is Cathy Weseluck. G4 Spike is in love with Rarity... and is voiced by G3 Rarity. You could almost say it's narcissism...
* SceneryPorn: Several of the series' backgrounds were quite good, as were scenes with dark lighting.
* SoBadItsGood: Generation 3 is widely considered bad, no doubt about it. But it has a certain kitsch charm, complete with gloriously nonsensical logic ("We couldn't make [[OnlySaneMan you]] a regular-sized charm bracelet, because we kept making our charms too big. So we made you a giant sized one! And then we made you a regular-sized one!"), random dancing to electro-guitar versions of the theme song, and some genuinely amusing moments when it acknowledges how incredibly ditzy and incompetent its lead characters are.
* SpecialEffectsFailure: The animation wasn't always spectacular to begin with, but it took a ''very'' noticeable nose-dive with the Newborn Cuties shorts animated in Flash. In the first one, the characters mouths don't even move when speaking ''[[TheyJustDidntCare at all]]''.
* StopBeingStereotypical: Part of the reason Bronies hate G3 so much is because it is everything they keep trying to convince their skeptical friends that [[MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic G4]] is not.
* SweetDreamsFuel: Yes, yes, yes it is. The specials have so much concentrated cute and optimism it's hard not to smile by the time you see the ending credits.
* TastesLikeDiabetes: Particularly 3.5.
* UncannyValley: Good lord, The Newborn Cuties. Are they human? Pony? Mutant? In any case, once you've laid eyes on them, you '''''will''''' have trouble sleeping at night.
** To a lesser degree, 3.5, with its cartoonier designs compared to G3 proper. Particularly the large heads and freakish bug eyes.
* WeHardlyKnewYe: Razzaroo and Kimono from A Charming Birthday. The main characters of the first special, the most sane and levelheaded of the ponies, cute in their own way, and set up as members of Ponyville, they're never seen or mentioned after the special.
** The Core Seven. The minority that like 3.5 maintain that they could have been much better characters if they'd given time to further the generation before being canned for [[MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic G4]]. Toola Roola and Starsong were not in earlier G3 ''and'' don't have G4 incarnations, so like Razzaroo and Kimono, it just feels like we should have gotten to know them better.