* AwesomeArt: Several of the series' backgrounds were quite good, as were scenes with dark lighting.
* AwesomeMusic: This incarnation kicked off with an electric guitar remix of the original My Little Pony theme in A Charming Birthday.
** "Wish You Were Here," which describes Rainbow Dash's vacation to Unicornia.
** "Feeling Good", as Daffy Dazey gives Spike a bath.
** All of the Runaway Rainbow songs were good.
** "Shine On" from "Come Back, Lily Lightly"
** "Nothing Says Christmas Like A Pair of Socks" from a Very Minty Christmas. A cute little number showing just how ditzy and adorably cute Minty is.
** G3.5's "Somewhere Super New," as well as the main theme.
** Just about all the rearrangements in the musical with the actors from the specials giving it their best; the accompanying live orchestra's just the icing on the cake.
* BrokenBase: "Bronies" who began with ''Friendship is Magic'' hate G3 for falling into TastesLikeDiabetes. That said, fans of G3 laud it for being LighterAndSofter compared to G4, and for carrying on the tradition of MyLittlePonyTales' slice of life format. Also, every series, including this one, is ''someone's'' first MLP series and thus the standard by which they judge the others.
* EarWorm: The theme song for the Core 7 series.
** The song ''Wish you Were Here'' from ''Greetings from Unicornia'' is a bigger ear-worm. Hear it once, and you will replay it again and again...
** "Get the Giggles" and "Shine On" from ''Come Back Lily Lightly''.
** "Feelin' Good" from ''The Princess Promenade''.
** "That's What Makes A Friend" from ''Twinkle Wish Adventure''.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Minty was left out of the Core 7 in G3.5, but the fandom rejoiced when she was brought back in the G4 toys and some are hoping she makes an appearance in ''WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic''. The ChristmasSpecial that focuses on her is often considered one of the best parts of G3.
** A good few minor characters with little more than a scene or two qualify. Take Sunny Days, for instance. A relaxed, casually confident, cool surfer girl with a nice design.
* LesYay: There are no male Ponies to get in the way of any RomanticTwoGirlFriendship moments, and the girls are very close this generation.
** Special mention goes to Star Flight and Heart Bright, who are "as close as two ponies can be," share the same bed, dream the same dream, and finish each other's sentences.
* NarmCharm: In general, G3 runs on this- it's cheesy but quite cute.
* MemeticSexGod: Star Catcher is this, especially around bronies who like G3.
* MoeMoe: Pick a pony, any pony and they'll be this.
* PeripheryHatedom: A lot of [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic G4]] bronies consider it to be the worst generation of MLP, due to the girly overtones, lack of conflict, and bland characters. The introduction of the Core 7 and the Newborn Cuties doesn't help much either.
* RetroactiveRecognition: Several G3 voice actresses, including Creator/TabithaStGermain, Creator/AndreaLibman, and Creator/CathyWeseluck, made the jump to [[WesternAnimation/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic G4]], much to the amusement of bronies who decide to ArchiveBinge on previous generations for the first time.
* SoBadItsGood: Generation 3 is widely considered bad, no doubt about it. But it has a certain kitsch charm, complete with gloriously nonsensical logic ("We couldn't make [[OnlySaneMan you]] a regular-sized charm bracelet, because we kept making our charms too big. So we made you a giant sized one! And then we made you a regular-sized one!"), random dancing to electro-guitar versions of the theme song, and some genuinely amusing moments when it acknowledges how incredibly ditzy and incompetent its lead characters are.
* StopBeingStereotypical: Part of the reason Bronies hate G3 so much is because it is everything they keep trying to convince their skeptical friends that [[MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic G4]] is not.
* SweetDreamsFuel: Yes, yes, yes it is. The specials have so much concentrated cute and optimism it's hard not to smile by the time you see the ending credits.
* TastesLikeDiabetes: Particularly 3.5.
* UncannyValley: Good lord, The Newborn Cuties. Are they human? Pony? Mutant? In any case, once you've laid eyes on them, you '''''will''''' have trouble sleeping at night.
* WeHardlyKnewYe: Razzaroo and Kimono from A Charming Birthday. The main characters of the first special, the most sane and levelheaded of the ponies, cute in their own way, and set up as members of Ponyville, they're never seen or mentioned after the special.
** The Core Seven. The minority that like 3.5 maintain that they could have been much better characters if they'd given time to further the generation before being canned for [[MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic G4]]. Toola Roola and Starsong were not in earlier G3 ''and'' don't have G4 incarnations, so like Razzaroo and Kimono, it just feels like we should have gotten to know them better.