* AccidentalInnuendo: This is game is filled to the bursting point with these. Of course, some may have been on purpose.
** One example is this line:
--> '''Chou Chou''': Oh man, this guy's pissed me off! I'm gonna peon his ass right now! [[note]] In this context, she means she's going to make Soul one of her underlings.[[/note]]
* BrokenBase: The NISA fandom was pretty split by the announcement that the bathing mini-game was to be removed. There are valid arguments for both sides but all things considered, this was probably the most polarizing move NISA has ever made. Tension has settled down as the game nears release, but small debates are still waged as to whether or not it was necessary.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: Chou Chou Terse personality managed to win in the poll for Chou Chou's most popular personality with about two times number of vote than all the other personalities
* HilariousInHindsight: Many correctly guessed that Ryuto's voice actor would be Creator/JohnnyYongBosch based on his similarities to [[VideoGame/Disgaea3AbsenceOfJustice Almaz]]. However, they don't share the same [[Creator/HiroShimono Japanese voice actor]]. Instead, Creator/HiromiHirata provides Ryuto's Japanese voice whom you might recognize as ''[[VideoGame/Disgaea3AbsenceOfJustice Mao]]''.
* NightmareFuel: The scene in the sequel where Chou-Chou is dragged into Syrma's coffin, where she loses her powers and shrinks to a chibified version of herself, especially if you've watched maybe some Japanese porn, as she describes being covered in slimey stuff.
** Her screams as this is happening doesn't help make things better, either.
* ScrappyMechanic: Moe-Kills, to some. Especially early on, where its a painful trial-and-error process limited by the number of form shifts you can do mid-battle and the phrases your restricted to. It easier the higher your Charm Level is though. It doesn't help that gathering large quantities of peons is required for upgrading your ship, traveling deeper into the Mugen Field ''and'' powering up the Geboku Dama.
* SurprisinglyImprovedSequel / EvenBetterSequel: ''Z'' fixes quite a few major and minor issues from the first game. Examples include:
** The LoadsAndLoadsOfLoading is mostly fixed.
** Fetish Pose is easier to understand than Moe Kill.
** Ultimate Soul's backfire percentage is much, much more difficult to raise than Peon Ball's.
** The "outside" overworld stages in ''Z'' are better designed than the first game's completely flat levels.
** Much less grinding is required for the main game.
* TheyJustDidntCare: None of the custom Peons' voices were dubbed into English in the first game. They didn't even reuse the Japanese voices; the characters are completely silent.
** The 2nd game, ''Z'', has a lot of moments of the absence of voice acting, because apparently, nobody cared to dub them, which is a shame, considering the first had a lot more cutscene voice acting.