YMMV tropes for the Franchise/EvilliousChronicles go [[YMMV/EvilliousChronicles here]].
** The simplest example would be the end of ''To the Reticent You''
-->'''Rin''': There is no need for words anymore/That is what I thought/I knew it this is happiness/[[spoiler: You told me that you love me]]
** The final line in ''White Brick and Black Mourning Dress'' [[spoiler: where the girl finally gets to be with the boy she saw in the mirror--by giving birth to him and raising him as her son.]]
--> He was her happiness
* EarWorm: Mothy has a tendency to produce this in his songs. The "Lu, Li, La" part of the Clockwork Lullaby series is pretty much guaranteed to get stuck in your head.
* EvilIsCool / TrueArtIsAngsty: Mothy has written some songs that are actually pretty adorable (''Ten-Minute Love'', ''To The Reticent You'', ''South North Story'' and ''[=TwiRight=] Prank'') but he's most well known for writing [[TearJerker tragic]], [[MindScrew mind screwy]] and NightmareFuel filled stuff about [[VillainProtagonist horrible people]], [[AnyoneCanDie people dying]], or [[KarmicDeath horrible peo]][[BreadEggsBreadedEggs ple dying]].
* LesYay: Occurs in the songs where there are [[MindScrew two]] [[SelfCest Rins]]. In ''South North Story'' Rin and Riliane get very intimate with each other and in ''Screws, Gears and Pride'' the two Rins pretty much give each other the "it's not you, it's me" speech when they part ways.
* MagnumOpus: ''Story of Evil''. ''Servant of Evil'' in particular, from the Franchise/EvilliousChronicles. It's the song that gained mothy his producer name in the Vocaloid fanbase, after all.
* TastesLikeDiabetes: It's rare, but when Mothy decides to write cute songs, [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3EFbyiSTG4 they]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F0E77UqO7Y are]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYcDPq-jBhs really, really]] [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fhlgmKJ3pc cute]]!
* TearJerker: Produces quite a few of these, such as ''Flames of Yellow Phosphorus'', ''White Brick and Black Mourning Dress'', and ''Watching Us''.
* TheWoobie: The unnamed girl in Flames of Yellow Phosphorous. Abused by her father, tossed out into the street and then ultimately burned to death.
** The boy, girl and [[spoiler:star]] in "Watching Us". The boy falls ill, possibly terminally, and can't get treatment because he's poor. His sister, in order to pay his medical bills, has to work for hours in a factory. The [[spoiler:star]] can only watch helplessly as they suffer, seeing herself as a failure for not being able to help them as they [[spoiler:wish for miracles in her name]].