Whether this game is [[CrazyAwesome ridiculously awesome]] or just plain ridiculous is [[BrokenBase up for debate]].
%% Don't add FridgeLogic here. It was moved to Fridge/MortalKombatVsDCUniverse.
** Baraka is considered this in this game, not so much because he's considered a [[TheScrappy bad character]], but because some felt he took a spot that should have gone to a more popular MK character (e.g. Reptile, Kung Lao, Mileena).
** Dark Kahn: For some, he was [[EnsembleDarkhorse well received]] either for his [[LargeHam Hammy speeches]] and/or his unique design. Detractors consider him the embodiment [[TheyChangedItNowItSucks of all that is wrong with MKvsDC]].
* CriticalDissonance: [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_vs._DC_Universe#Reception This game was well received by the critics earning scores in 70s on Metacritic and Gamerankings]]. Players, and especially devoted Mortal Kombat fans, were not as pleased.
* EnsembleDarkhorse: The Joker. He got [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRuRYx6vfU a huge ovation when he was announced]], and his Fatality is one of the only ones people think didn't suck (so much so, that Shang Tsung borrows it in ''VideoGame/MortalKombat9''.)
* GoodBadBugs: [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocFuDJEl4gw If Superman is able to chain his final hit into the Pro Move variant of his breath attack, the animation for the move is so long that it prevents the opponent from recovering their life in time for the next round, instantly scoring Supes a second win.]]
** The Liu Kang vs Raiden fight late in the MK-side story mode now comes off a little bit darker in light of MortalKombat9 in which Raiden [[spoiler: unwittingly fatally wounded Liu Kang and was cursed by him with his dying breath]].
** Likewise, Lex Luthor calling out Superman in Supes' chapter, in lieu of the events of ''VideoGame/InjusticeGodsAmongUs''.
* IdiotPlot: More than a half of the fights are triggered by the Rage. The characters affected never come up with a way to resist it other than Raiden and Superman managing to do so in the last two matches.
* OlderThanTheyThink: Way back in ''[[VideoGame/MortalKombat3 Mortal Kombat Trilogy]]'', there was the Aggressor Meter, which, like the Rage meter, involved filling it and being so angry that you get more powerful. However, the Rage meter is filled by taking hits and allows you to use a section of the meter to do a ComboBreaker, while the Aggressor Meter was filled by dishing out damage and simply turned you into a Lightning Bruiser for a few seconds once you filled it.
* SoOkayItsAverage: Not a bad game by any means, and while the premise did have a lot of potential, it didn't truly live up to the hype it was generating.
* TheyChangedItNowItSucks: A major complaint about the game is that it changed from a violent, gore-fest filled series to a T-Rated crossover with mediocre finishing moves. Thankfully, [[VideoGame/MortalKombat9 it didn't stay that way for long.]]