* CrossesTheLineTwice - The unusual precipitation subplot has some hilariously horrific moments
* [[SugarWiki/HeartwarmingMoments Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming]] - All the alien-related stories [[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W51H1croBw (watch here)]] lead up to a declaration of love for his wife. "And even though, you must admit, the likelihood is that while she was away she was kidnapped and replaced by an alien clone, I still love her." D'aww.
* MemeticBadass - [[UsefulNotes/TheodoreRoosevelt Teddy Roosevelt]] originally built the American Museum of Natural History as a kind of lepidopterist's "killing jar". But instead of butterflies, he put dinosaurs inside and starved them UNTIL THEY WERE SKELETONS.
* MemeticMutation - 700 Mole-Man names and their occupations. Also, there is an article called "The Internet: A Series of Tubes", after the meme Hodgman helped to popularize.
* NightmareFuel - Parodied. Apparently, the ''New York Times'' editorial that famously began "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus," was written by a ShellShockedVeteran and degenerated into a surely nightmare-causing rant about [[WeAreAsMayflies death]], decay, and the fact that Santa's teeth and bones are inside your baby brother's rattle