* BigLippedAlligatorMoment: While running from the ship's stewards at the beginning of the film, the stowaways encounter some unused musical instruments. They immediately pick these up to perform an impromptu musical number, then just as quickly discard them and start fleeing again.
* BrokenBase: One of the the most hotly debated topics among fans is whether or not Harpo sang in the "Sweet Adaline" bit at the opening.
* FunnyAneurysmMoment: Thelma Todd, the target of the "you'll have to stay in the garage all night" joke, died of carbon monoxide poisoning in 1935, found inside a locked garage with a running vehicle. While her death was officially ruled an accident, circumstances were suspicious enough (she had blood on her face as if she had been struck) that it's long been thought she was murdered.
* ValuesDissonance: Groucho hits on a woman at a fancy dress party until her husband arrives dressed as a Native American. Groucho panics and yells, "Run for the hills, the Indians are coming", rips a man's hairpiece off and yells, "Quick, put this in your pocket, the Indians are coming" and makes "woo-woo" noises. Such a joke would never fly today.
* WhatAnIdiot: One of the gangsters ''arms Harpo and Chico.''