* AccidentalNightmareFuel: Ed's mouth flaps sometimes cross into this territory, due to the relative crudeness of the stop-motion animation.
* BizarroEpisode: The episode "Mako" revolves around an animated alien who comes to earth and takes over the bodies of whoever it goes inside. Its victims have no memory of what happens when the alien takes over them.
* EarWorm: The theme song is the reason most people remember this show.
* EpilepticTrees: It's possible to interpret ''Mister Ed'' as the deranged hallucinations of a man who owned a completely normal horse, but in-universe evidence that Ed ''can'' talk is much stronger.
* FetishFuelStationAttendant: Connie Hines as Wilbur's wife Carol. One episode had her doing alterations on a dress and she had the skirt hiked up to her thighs.
* HilariousInHindsight: If you watch the series carefully, you'll notice that Creator/AlanYoung is quite skilled at doing foreign accents. [[WesternAnimation/DuckTales Guess who he had to do a Scottish accent for many years later]]?
** It's even more hilarious when he calls a character "Mr. Scrooge" in a Christmas-themed episode.
** Not to mention the fact that Creator/AlanYoung had to do a Scottish accent [[ActingForTwo when he played Wilbur's father]].
* TheyCopiedItSoItSucks: Some viewers found this a blatant ripoff of several films in which Donald O'Connor had adventures with "Francis the Talking Mule."
* UrbanLegendOfZelda: Snopes.com, for a joke, posted a page that Ed was ''really'' played by a female zebra named Amelia.