!!YMMV Tropes in this work include:
* ChaoticGood: Mercedes.
* HoYay: In ''Frost Burned''...
--> (...) [Adam] and Asil disappeared together to take care of the who-was-the-biggest-baddest-wolf issue (...)
* IronWoobie: Stefan.
* LawfulGood: Charles, by the laws of the Marrok, anyway.
* ShippingBedDeath: Averted. Briggs does an excellent job of keeping [[spoiler: Adam and Mercy's marriage]] interesting, by showcasing that even if you love each other, it doesn't mean that you don't argue or have to work things out.
* TheScrappy: If there is one character that has earned the readers hate, it has to be Christy Hauptman. Adam's ex-wife and Jesse's mother. While she may not have been well liked after hearing Jesse's story of how much of a irresponsible mother she is and how she blamed Adam for Jesse's kidnapping in Moon Called. She became wildly hated in Night Broken when she stayed at Mercy and Adam's house. In that time, she tried to cause a rift between Mercy and Adam and actually manage to get more that half of the pack to turn on Mercy. Not only that, she lead the book's BigBad (whom she was hiding from) to the Tri-Cities which nearly got Mercy killed.
* TheWoobie: Anna, especially at first, when she's freshly brutalized by her first Alpha. By the third ''Alpha and Omega'' book, however, the trait is nearly gone.