* AlternativeCharacterInterpretation: Some people believe that O-Dog has a FreudianExcuse for his misdeeds because frankly he feels compelled to be a criminal by the environment in which he's in. Others see him as a [[TheSociopath callous madman]], a homicidal maniac unimpeachable where his only joy seems to be sadism or killing.
* SugarWiki/AwesomeMusic: The opening flyby set to an instrumental of IceCube's ''Ghetto Bird'', and the end credits song ''Streiht-Up Menace'' by MC Eiht. Hell yeah.
%%Do NOT add Complete Monster entries without going to the cleanup thread first.
* CrossesTheLineTwice: The violence of this film rises to intense levels.
* DracoInLeatherPants: O Dog
* EnsembleDarkHorse: Larenz Tate as O Dog.
* MoralEventHorizon: O-Dog crosses this at the very beginning when he murders the AsianStoreOwner and his wife. Worse, he then uses the security footage as entertainment for he and his friends.
** Rival gangsters cross the line when they carjack Caine and his cousin, resulting in Caine getting shot and his cousin getting murdered. Furthermore, it gets worse when one of them gets in the car and callously cleans blood off the windshield with his elbow.
* NightmareFuel: Several things that O-Dog and other gangsters do can qualify; to some extent they reach a disturbing point.
* OneSceneWonder: ''Creator/SamuelLJackson'' plays Caine's dad in a flashback. He's quite a bit more badass here than in ''Franchise/JurassicPark'', which was released the same year.
* TearJerker: Caine's life and death.