* EnsembleDarkhorse: Sheep Man started off as TheScrappy, but evolved into this as well as a...
* GameBreaker: Many people cite the Triple Blade as the game's Metal Blade equivalent, due to having large damage and [[SpreadShot spread]] for low ammo cost.
* HilariousInHindsight: All that talk in the old days about ''VideoGame/MegaManX'' being the 10th installment of the series is a whole lot funnier now that there actually ''is'' a tenth installment...
* ScrappyWeapon: Thunder Wool. It's is nigh impossible to aim, and blows through all its ammo in 6 shots. To make matters worse, the cloud can be destroyed if an enemy or projectile collides with it. This means you can't reliably use it at close range or in a tight corridor, since that pretty much guarantees that it'll disappear before it can fire off a bolt, thus wasting a ton of your ammo.
** To quote one Gamefaqs poster "Anything the Thunder Wool does, another weapon does better and for less ammo cost."
* ToughActToFollow: Coming after the acclaimed VideoGame/MegaMan9, this game tends to get this status. General consensus is that it's a good game but not quite as good as 9.