* ContestedSequel: While many consider this game to be inferior to [[VideoGame/MegaMan9 its predecessor]] (but still good), there are some fans who actually think that the game's a major improvement over ''9''. Reasons stated include ''10'' having a fairer level design (''9'' was notorious for being PlatformHell), the inclusion of (the completely optional) Easy Mode for those who still think the game is a bit too difficult, Proto Man being available from the get-go as opposed to being relegated to DLC (you can even visit the shop with him this time around), and the grand return of Bass (even if it's DLC). The game actually remembers that ''VideoGame/MegaMan2'' [[MagnumOpusDissonance isn't the be-all end-all to the series]], and it's that much more of an enjoyable experience for it to this subset of the fandom.
* EnsembleDarkHorse: Sheep Man started off as TheScrappy, but evolved into this as well as a MemeticBadass.
* GameBreaker: Many people cite the Triple Blade as the game's [[VideoGame/MegaMan2 Metal Blade]] equivalent, due to having large damage and [[SpreadShot spread]] for low ammo cost.
* HilariousInHindsight: All that talk in the old days about ''VideoGame/MegaManX'' being the 10th installment of the series is a whole lot funnier now that there actually ''is'' a tenth installment...
* ItsEasySoItSucks: When it was announced that this game would have an Easy Mode, it got a lot of flak from StopHavingFunGuys. Never mind the fact that Easy Mode is completely optional.
* MemeticMutation: Mega Man's "UNGHHH..." and how it came out of nowhere, even though Roll said "UNGH..." when you beat 4 Robot Masters.
* ScrappyWeapon: Thunder Wool. It is nigh impossible to aim, and blows through all its ammo in 6 shots. To make matters worse, the cloud can be destroyed if an enemy or projectile collides with it. This means you can't reliably use it at close range or in a tight corridor, since that pretty much guarantees that it'll disappear before it can fire off a bolt, thus wasting a ton of your ammo.
** To quote one Website/GameFAQs poster: "Anything the Thunder Wool does, another weapon does better and for less ammo cost."
* ToughActToFollow: Coming after the acclaimed ''VideoGame/MegaMan9'', this game tends to get this status. General consensus is that it's a good game, but not quite as good as ''9''.